cheap stroker kit for a B16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 97CTR@Sep 29 2003, 04:10 AM
I have a b16b and I just bought a gsr crank and some eagle rods. I plan on doing the work my next free weekend. I will let you know what gains I make. It should be a little better than an ITR becuase of the higher compression pistons and the ctr cams. I can't wait.

well, your situation is slightly different, the b16b block has the same deck height as the b18c blocks, the b16a blocks are shorter.

Originally posted by jspecivicsi@Sep 27 2003, 10:52 PM
iv read in HCI that you can use b18 crank but im pretty sure that you have to get custom rods made ill find out and let you know

That engine was bored to use 81.5 piston, and had custom rod length of 5.05". They used a custom crank, but it was the same as the B18A/B crank. I don't know if it would fit without notching the block when using a stock bore or not. But they did say they retained the stock rod ends, and just used a custom length. The Probe pistons were modelled after the ITR ones. So I guess if you used a 81.5 bore ITR piston, a B18B crank, and the custom length rods, all you have to deal with is boring it, but the head was milled, so that may need some checking into.

Back