CHECK ENGINE

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DubDub

I had a 97' gsr engine put into my 4g civic just before Christmas and I my mech can't seem to figure out why the check engine light wont go out. We've checked all of the sensors for malfuntion and I haven't found anyhting that can explain it! Has anyone done this specific swap? Has anyone heard of grounding problems with the ECU that may cause this? Damn She is fast though and weighted nicely I must say!! I do have a fair amount of vibrations inside; I'm not sure how much there should be?? If anyone can shed some light...... that would be muchly appreciated!!

DubDub

is the car obd 0 or 1, also what code is it throwing...if its obd 1 you might be grounding the jumper wire which would cause the check light to come and stay on with no code..

Its a 97' b18c which is 0b1 I'm told. I was checking for some wiring diagrams and found that a 97' b18c1 was obd2 though?? are there differances like that from jdm to usdm??. I never recieved the engine slip when I had a local shop do the install. It definately looked like other GSRs I've seen but.... I should of f----in told him to find it or find me another engine but I was so excited and it looked all good!! I had told my mech to hook diagnostics up to existing wiring output, but I dont think that is possible; it looks like I need to pull codes straight from the ecu. I'll be doing that soon here I hope. Thats one of a few issues I'm looking into. Another is the damn steering is making noises like the rods are rubbing but only in the tight turns, however I can't find any marks on them...... I've got about 1" or just less on the tranny side and about the same between the pulley and steering rod on the drivers side. Does anyone have experience with these problems.

Sincerely
DubDub

96 up B18C is OBD2, that's where your problem is. look on back of the head, stamps should be there to tell you what year GSR is it.

Originally posted by EH3B18C@Mar 8 2004, 08:57 PM
96 up B18C is OBD2, that's where your problem is. look on back of the head, stamps should be there to tell you what year GSR is it.

The date is on the front you moron. Now go die.

Originally posted by xyswany+Mar 8 2004, 10:36 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Mar 8 2004, 05:28 PM
EH3B18C
@Mar 8 2004, 08:57 PM

The date is on the front you moron. Now go die.

jesus, you been hanging around loco?

Profile him and read all his other post, he is a troll.

thanks I'll be checking that damn stamp! anyone no about necessary steering rod clearences for this swap?

are there curved sterring rods available, They probably have to be custom made I suppose.

Back