Check out my new garage helper

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FUCK THAT, kill that damn beast.........I killed two this morning that were running on my windshield.

This looks (kinda) like it.
I'm guessing the size is based off of body and not legs.

2060_4.jpg

Funnel Web Spiders

Funnel web spiders construct large, flat, horizontal webs of nonsticky silk. The web contains a funnel at one end that serves as the spider’s retreat. The funnel is open at both ends so the spider can readily escape. The spider hides at the narrow end of the funnel; when it feels the vibration of an insect crossing the web, it dashes out, bites the insect, then carries it back to the funnel. In former times, the silk of funnel web spiders was used to cover wounds to stop bleeding.

Funnel web spiders generally are brown and somewhat large (>1/2 inch long). Some species have banded legs. Some species have long spinnerets that extend out beneath the rear of the abdomen.

In the family Agelenidae, some species of Agelenopsis (grass spiders) and nonnative Tegenaria (house spiders) will infest structures, but their webs typically are confined to the lower levels. The hobo spider, Tegenaria agrestis, was introduced from Europe and is found in parts of the Pacific Northwest. The hobo spider is known to bite humans, and its venom has similar effects to that of the brown recluse spider. Hobo spider bites are probably from the males, which wander in search of female mates. The bites of other funnel web spiders are not known to be very toxic to humans.

Welp Im suitin up I have my jeans on put some shoes on and first thing I Saw with long sleeves is my leather jacket lol so Im going out and hopfully finding him in the same spot so I can hear the crunch/splast/smush/squirt when whatever large object I find hits him um her um it

This sucks not even a 2x4 will cover the body..... blah

Sigh... nothing to be found =`(

so that brings up the question....

where did it go? can you find waldo the spider?

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...image&img=16172

Also here's a picture of what my backyard looks like

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...image&img=16173

Sigh.. I'm always in the garage with nothing but boxers on. Who needs shoes, shirt, or pants? anyways I might think twice about that again now that I have a friend running around.

bah I should have killed it when I had the chance =(

I do have to say I acted like a girl when I was just out there looking for it. We have tons of spider crickets here and there was a few jumping around on the floor everytime one would jump at me I would jump like a pansey lol
I reached over to the post where he was to life up a box and ended up sticking my hand right into a spider web that also made me jump back...

Keep in mind I'm the person who is called when spiders/insects are found the house or work. I pick them up and play around with them to freak my family/coworkers out but this thing..... it was way past the point of me wanting to be playful with it

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 26 2004, 10:14 PM
I do have to say I acted like a girl when I was just out there looking for it. We have tons of spider crickets here and there was a few jumping around on the floor everytime one would jump at me I would jump like a pansey lol
[post=368500]Quoted post[/post]​

This sounds exactly like me. I have massive arachniphobia. :lol: :unsure:

The thing is I do not have problems with spiders Im always messing with them and scaring my coworkers =) it's fun lol!

but check this out

The hobo spider is known to bite humans, and its venom has similar effects to that of the brown recluse spider

now look at this

http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/reclusebitethumb.htm

Keep in mind I'm sure that is a bad case but shit.. it still happens

P.S this is a 2 year old recluse spider bite http://home.texoma.net/~linesden/bite2yr.jpg

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 26 2004, 11:40 PM
The thing is I do not have problems with spiders Im always messing with them and scaring my coworkers =) it's fun lol!

but check this out

The hobo spider is known to bite humans, and its venom has similar effects to that of the brown recluse spider

now look at this

http://www.rochedalss.eq.edu.au/reclusebitethumb.htm

Keep in mind I'm sure that is a bad case but shit.. it still happens

P.S this is a 2 year old recluse spider bite http://home.texoma.net/~linesden/bite2yr.jpg
[post=368528]Quoted post[/post]​

revolution8k (11:43:57 PM): thats disgusting, disturbing, but badass at the same time.

:eek:

my jaw is still dropped after seeing some of those pictures.

Brown recluses are scary as hell. I have heard of people having to have lims amputated from them!

Makes me want to sleep in a bubble tonight.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jul 26 2004, 11:07 PM
Makes me want to sleep in a bubble tonight.
[post=368554]Quoted post[/post]​

For FUCKING Shizzle!!!!

After reading that shit, I get all paranoid and now I think things are crawling on me. EEEK!!! What was that......

:lol:

Just remember you eat like 5 spiders a year in your sleep =)

:lol:

BTW just remember I found one just like the spider pictured in my garage just smaller IN MY SHEETS about a year ago.

It was a quite morning at 5:00 am on May 6th, 2002 and I was lying in the bed with my fiancée. I felt a slight tickle on my upper thigh of my left leg under the covers and proceeded to brush it away. As my hand struck the blanket I felt a slight stinging sensation on my leg. Little did I know that moment was going to change my life forever, I lifted the covers to see the outline of a small, brown quarter size spider on my bed.

thank god I'm on the west coast... I hate spiders much less spiders that make you look like a zombie :x

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jul 26 2004, 11:44 PM
revolution8k (11:43:57 PM): thats disgusting, disturbing, but badass at the same time.

:eek:
[post=368532]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn right!!!

I'm that fucker that watches "Operation" on the learning channel. Those pics were badassery at it's finest Jeffie!!!!! :lol:

Dude I sooooo love watching shows that show the inside of an OR everynow and then you get to see boobies =)

BTW my mom use to work in the OR she was so happy when I came home with a bike I believe the convo went something like this.

Jeff: So um I was thinking about getting a bike.
mom: you will have to move out first
jeff: um why I pay rent?
mom: you will have to move out
jeff: oh so um I was really thinking about getting a bike
mom: you know how I feel about them I see people come in all the time from bike crashes missing limbs and being torn wide open.
jeff: so shit happens
mom: no I don't want you to have one
jeff: so um what if I told you it was in the garage right now?

Bahahahahaha

I've put up with her telling me no you can't have a bike for like 6 years so what do I do? buy it and put it in the garage then tell her later on lol

what can she do about it? kick me out of the house and lose my rent money! I tell her straight up all the time if I get pissed off at something.

I will get my own place if need be

anyways um I highjacked my own post... DOH!

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 27 2004, 01:01 AM
mom: no I don't want you to have one
jeff: so um what if I told you it was in the garage right now?

Bahahahahaha

I've put up with her telling me no you can't have a bike for like 6 years so what do I do? buy it and put it in the garage then tell her later on lol

[post=368593]Quoted post[/post]​

hahaha... been there.. done that!

They learn to accept it over time.

:thumbsup:

man im scared of spiders too. i never go in the garage. just the other day i saw a spider at blockbuster, picked up a dvd case and just smashed it right there. it was some sort of jumping spider. cant stand them. ive taken a shotgun to a spider one time cuz i was too scared to get close to it.

Back