Close Call

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I used to actually respect cops, but that was the old me. Right now i figure a majority of cops are huge dicks that were picked on in high school and want to get back at people who resemble thier bullies. I say fuck cops, and as for swiping the celica, he should be dealt a worse punishment then the average person. Who the fuck drives crazy with no lights on and then tries to make their fuck up look like someone elses fault especially when that other person get send to the ER.

BTW the cops in my town have quotas and the police force my uncle was in had quotas. I just happened to be a victom of one of these end of the month ticketing sprees. me and three other black honda civics lined up on the side of the road i shit you not. Hows that for profiling.

I have another perfect example of piggy profiling but il put that in another thread.

asshole cops

if they are male, their dicks are like 1.5 inches big, and to make up for it, they have to be total pricks.....

if they are female, they just dont get enough dick.....

thats why cops(male and female) are assholes

A lot of cops in my area are cool because they know most of the kids driving around and they have kids going to school with them. LIke my buddy just got pulled over doing 80 in a 55, it was his neighbor, he was like hey jason, this is yoru warning. That's it! But this shit, you guys get, wow I would move or something.

steve..... the "shooting of 3 other people" isn't a random coincidence. Shooting into a crowd, its EXTREMELY likely, to hit another person.

You can't tell me that a cop speeding around in the wrong lanes and doing dumb shit has "unforseen consequences". The cop caused it by being a fucking idiot. no bones about it. thats all.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 27 2003, 01:49 PM
that sucks about your friend.

but just some fyi

cops dont have "quotas" they have to meet, your friend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and thats why its called an accident.

even heard of a ticket blitz? NYC has 1 in effect right now. They do have quotas to meet, Good try (no real disrespect meant to u)

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Jun 27 2003, 02:48 PM-->
@Jun 27 2003, 01:49 PM
that sucks about your friend.

but just some fyi

cops dont have "quotas" they have to meet, your friend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and thats why its called an accident.

Just some FYI,

some police departments do have quotas, thats how they get funding. And it was the cops fault, not an accident. Thats like saying someone who goes out and shoots an AK into a city block randomly, is just getting into an "accident" when they shoot someone. and the person who is dead was "just in the wrong place at the wrong time"

Yes, most of the police dept. have quotas they have to make for one of two reasons: one, the community is having a real problem with about a particular offense that is occuring in their area. For example street racing downtown so the chief will setup hotspots and demand #'s to show the "PEOPLE" that something is being done. If you drive a car 3 mph over the speed limit in the area, your bound to get pulled over. You say why that is not fair, the cops are fucking with me. Well, the cops are doing what they are supposed to be doing. When you drive two mph over the speed limit you're still breaking the law but PDs tolerate that kind of thing. So can pretty much go 5 over unless you are in one of those area or if they are looking to pull you over and last time I checked Cali and FL have a really bad street racing problem so I would be finding tons of reasons to pull imports Second some juristications are funded purely by ticket revenue.
Your whole analogy (sp?) makes no sense. You are using extremes. What it sounds like is one car was at a stop light and took off to fast is a known street racing area and the cop tried to pull over the the suspect but get hit by another guy. Now my question is did the officer have his lights/siren on??

ill talk about more when i get home, works out

Yes, most of the police dept. have quotas they have to make for one of two reasons: one, the community is having a real problem with about a particular offense that is occuring in their area. For example street racing downtown so the chief will setup hotspots and demand #'s to show the "PEOPLE" that something is being done.

How is this a quota? A quota is a so-called chief of police demanding officers to bring in X amount of tickets/violations per day, per week, per month. If a particular department decides to set up 'hotspots' to try and cut down on a particular offense how is that a quota? that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. They are out trying to cut down on a crime, not make their "monthly end quotas"

even heard of a ticket blitz? NYC has 1 in effect right now. They do have quotas to meet, Good try (no real disrespect meant to u)

see above, same thing

me and three other black honda civics lined up on the side of the road i shit you not. Hows that for profiling.

profiling or not, you did something to make them pull you over

And that's bull about the state getting the money. If a City Cop issues the citation, the city keeps the cash..if the County Sheriff, the county.. if its a State Trooper, the city/county (depending on if you're in the city limits) splits it w/ the state.

really, prove me wrong, obviously you didnt pay to much attention in economics. When a person gets a ticket, its paid to the state, which in turn is pooled into a large fund and then dispearsed by need to the local government of the cities, towns, suburbs of that particular state in the form of a BUDGET.

Gosh, I feel like karnash right now :)

Originally posted by NewAgeCivicz@Jun 28 2003, 01:06 PM
Second some juristications are funded purely by ticket revenue.

Juristictions Are funded by the tax payers in the area. That's why a cop says that is out of my juristiction meaning he isn't getting paid to go to that one area but he can enfoce the laws of that area, just not from his own. Who ever tells you otherwise, is wrong, in the local library is every single law in your state.

READ THE BOOKS

If they pull you over forsomething bogus, show this to the judge with the law book, you can acces it to use in court.

Originally posted by sisteve@Jun 27 2003, 03:26 PM
lol, if you keep getting your stereo stolen then WHY put another one it it. And do you think they are goign to pay a po who makes 30-100k a year to go investigate a stereo theft that costs 300 bucks? No, that is stupid, its a misdemeanor to top it off.

Im sure you wont be saying "cops Suck" when something happens to you, your family, your dog, your house and you actually need their help. Stop bitching and be thankful that you fkn live in a country that has the support of civilians that will come to our need when we need them and that uphold the law to the best of their abilities.

all I'm gonna say is this is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Crime is crime idiot. They are paid to stop it. My Jeep was broken into, my ATV and bike were stolen, where were the pigs when I needed them? Not doing their jobs obviously.

Originally posted by machine+Jun 28 2003, 11:49 PM-->
@Jun 27 2003, 03:26 PM
lol, if you keep getting your stereo stolen then WHY put another one it it. And do you think they are goign to pay a po who makes 30-100k a year to go investigate a stereo theft that costs 300 bucks? No, that is stupid, its a misdemeanor to top it off.

Im sure you wont be saying "cops Suck" when something happens to you, your family, your dog, your house and you actually need their help. Stop bitching and be thankful that you fkn live in a country that has the support of civilians that will come to our need when we need them and that uphold the law to the best of their abilities.

all I'm gonna say is this is the dumbest thing I have ever read. Crime is crime idiot. They are paid to stop it. My Jeep was broken into, my ATV and bike were stolen, where were the pigs when I needed them? Not doing their jobs obviously.

well im glad to hear i made your night. shit gets stolen every fucking day retard, do you think this country has the money to go around patroling who fucking stole a goddamn cd player? there are much more instances where i can think of that the pd is more useful in than going around to pawn shops looking for a fucking cd player.

if you dont want anything stolen hire a fucking personal security gaurd to keep an eye on your personal belongings.

yeah crimes have priority thats why police have rank. You don't see detectives giving speeding tickets, like the blues don't do major case. If the fucking pigs were out patroling like they're PAID to do instead of sitting at the stop and go or giving out tickets for their QUOTA's, maybe they would stop some real crime

A house down the street from me was getting jacked and all these mexican kids were doing it, and yeah a neighbor called the cops because the people were away, and yeah they didn't come for 1-1/2 hours, you know what happened? they had a flat. THe only thing taht chased the kids off was my 50 yera old neighbor going ape shit chasing them off.

And i never said the cops should waste their time looking for a cd player in a pawn shop. They would have as much luck as you finding a dick in your pants. It's all about prevention. If a thug sees a cop every 5 minutes, he's less likely to do some thug shit.

If the fucking pigs were out patroling like they're PAID to do

seems to me thats the whole fucking point of these retarded ass threads on here lately...

oh but wait, i remember, i almost fell off the wagon

COPS SUCK!

phew, that was close, i had to fix my ass on the wagon seat better.

haha, yeah I know what your saying, these fucking cop incident threads are getting retarded. It is all opinion vs. opinion. Let alone one sided stories based on some idiots perception of the scenario that they heard from the non english speaking gas station attendant.

I don't hate cops, they serve and protect and we pay for it also. I don't want to be doing their job so in a way my taxes pay for their shit. All is fine in the city that I live in, no complaints at all. But I understand where some of you guys come from when they just seem like dicks in certain situations. I mean, no one likes getting fines, or harrassment from cops but I guess that best way to avoid this would be to drive a geo metro under the speed limit with no fartcans on it's ass. Not sure really what to say about this.

Milan

the best time to do anything like racing ot braking in a car is a weekday around 10:30 and midnight cuz with in 20miles every cop goes to happy cheif to eat donuts. its the same thing everyday

I agree about the whole cops are assholes, I mean tickets for tint?...come-on! I always thought that if bistandards were in danger, the police couldn't pursue, hense the whole call of chase thing. Personally, I hope your friend takes home the city purse on this one. :D

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jul 1 2003, 12:07 PM
the best time to do anything like racing ot braking in a car is a weekday around 10:30 and midnight cuz with in 20miles every cop goes to happy cheif to eat donuts. its the same thing everyday

Yo around here its like 2-3 am cause at wawa the new donuts come and they give away the old ones to the cops... a cop told me that one night in wawa no lie!! :p Anyway you got good cops and you got bad cops, you just gotta wait to see which one you got before you start giving them attitude, just like you should be doing with anybody else you know?

um ya they do i have a friend that just became a cop 15 a mounth
up here so some places do others don't

Back