cluster not working after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxjdm34

well i'm pretty much done wtih my swap, b16a into 91 crx si. besides the car running really rich, the only problem I have is the tach, temp, and gas gauges don't work at all :( . the speed gauge works, the turn signals work, and battery light work. any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

:( WOW this is a new one on me... I've just done three B16 swaps in the last 2 weeks but they were on 92' civics but even befroe in the past I haen't had this problem... Did you use your old Speed sensor ? ARe you using a JDM Gauge cluster or Stock USDM ? What all besides the obvious did you change with the B16 ? Also the Tach gets it's signal from the dizzy so check for loose wires ALL around ? Also when doing the swap di you cut or break any connections by any chance and had to re-wire them and used Buttconnectors ? That may seem stupid but trust me I've had alot more then 1 car come in with a wierd problem and it turned out they had a crapy connection somewhere cause by a buttconnector. I'm asking all these questions to try and eliminate some possiblities. Also it's goto be a power lose someone wher eif your using your stock cluster since Gas , Temp , Tach . all work off a power source where the Speedo if using a stock Si cable speedo sensor is cable driven you even if you unplug the cluster but leave the speedo cable in the speedometer will still work. Also is VTec kicking in all right ? Ex. Some times VTec will not kick in right if there codes or a problem somewhere. My friends 92' Civic VTec would not kick in right cause the Cluster was not pluged in. He plugged it in and everything worked fine.

well... i'm using my old speed sensor, it is my stock cluster, and I did cut wires when removing the d15 but got new wiring hareness so I don't think its that. there is one connector on the hareness that I found that was not connected, it is located under the intake manifold.. by the alternater..its only 2 wire connection, I can't figure out what it connects to? :shrug2: I guess I will start with loose connectios and check the power source, but I do get lights to my cluster, hazard, battery, and the light for the cluster comes on??
As far as VTEC kicking it does and feels greeeeeaaaaaat!! :woo: :D

I would like to, but can't figure out where it plugs into . for all I know it could be for something for the heater, I don't know, because I completly gutted my rex! if anyone has suggestions, would be greatly appreciated!

If the wires on the plug are black/yellow and blue/yellow it is the EAVC and it plugs up under the back of the intake. The only other plugs in that area are single wire shielded.

Ralph

Heya, i was just wondering if you had figured this out yet and what you did to fix. I seem to have the same problem here. no fuel, temp, or tach. the tach will jump a little when the ignition is turned on, telling me that its getting power, maybe? checked the plugs in the back of the cluster, tested all the wires from the plug at the distributor, to the plug at the passenger side strut tower, all tested good. no blown fuses either. i checked the blue plug from the distributor for resistance and volts, while the engine was running, and didnt get a reading. I havnt checked the temp or fuel wires yet, i figured since it moved it would be the easiest to fix. i am getting a code 4 or crank angle sensor, could this have anything to do with it? could it be a ground problem, and where would the ground be located for the cluster? and one more question where is the coolant temp sender on a b16a1 located? so far i've found 3 candidates 1 under the intake, 1 under the distributor, and 1 in the radiator. anyone have any help? thanks alot.

Back