coilover decision: Skunk2 or Ground Control?

Which coilovers should i get?

• Ground Control coilov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanks for all the replies! :D

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 1 2003, 04:40 PM
Well, I have a set of Topspeed coilover sleeves that I just pulled off the CRX yesterday if you want them- I'll take some pics and get them to you.  They ride really smooth on the GR-2s, but I don't know what the spring rates are...

I also have a pair of new 89 Accord shocks (GR-2) that I need to get rid of- they'll let you recover about 1.25 inches of travel if you're lowered.

thanks for letting me know mike :D is topspeed a good brand? let me know.

i am really leaning towards the GC's since so many here are raving about them. turns out i can get them locally for $299 brand new. if/when i do get come coilovers, it will be after the new year. money owns me right now. <_<

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 26 2003, 09:57 AM
reason #2312423546323 why cali sucks... they can't even make drainage systems underground like the rest of the fuckign world.

they don't need to in so cali cuz it doesn't snow!

besides i have coilovers, and my ride is so low that i have about 2 in. of ground clearnce from my oil pan.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 26 2003, 09:57 AM
reason #2312423546323 why cali sucks... they can't even make drainage systems underground like the rest of the fuckign world.

texas is in that catagory as well, Nothing like reverse speed bumps in a 45mph zone

whoa. glad im not in texas! i woldnt have a front end left. i think whoever invented those damn ditches did it just to stop people from lowering their cars. :angry:

I'm extremely happy with the quality of my ground controls. I must say, they handle superbly even with my stock shocks, and the ride is still very smooth. My buddy had a 94 ls turbo coupe with skunk2's and i will attest to the fact that everyday driving is like driving a bouncy ball through an endless pasture of playful 2 year olds. :puke:

I used 2 have a 93 slo si with 18's, tokico illuminas and s2's and let just say my azz was outta my seat all the damn time...bouncy as hell!!!...granted the car handled gr8, but not good for driving daily, just got annoying! plus my car was pretty much slammed, look'd tite, but didn't ride tite. Plus...U gotta take camber into play, and alignment, gets expensive each time adjusted. this time around with my teg, im just getting eibach pro's...cheaper in long run, better consistant performance.....consistancy is just as important as anything!

:doh:

Back