Colin's EK Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ordered a few seals I forgot. Also ordered new splash shields. Mine are either tattered or missing. Lastly, just ordered a header from one of our sponsors here!
splash shields and plastic clips are ALWAYS the first things i notice missing from hondas. nice attention to detail sir.
beats me man. I was wondering the same thing. I assumed at first it was for the turbo then he was like nah it plugs in right here...being the back of the head I believe. it's been a while since I've seen his car. I doubt it does any good honestly. if you ever find out why I'd like to know!

by the way props to you for staying N/A!
holy crap! where the hell have you been!?

Started disassembling the head tonight. Also finished cleaning up the engine harness. Most of the pics were accidentally taken on the internal memory on my nikon point n shoot, and now I have no way of getting them onto my comp (lost the cable)

I pulled the lma's. All of them feel perfect and give good, linear resistance when pushed by hand. Saves me some bucks because I was planning on replacing them.

DSCN1908.jpg

I rented a valve spring compressor at autozone but it doesn't fit down in the head:mad: REP to the person who finds me a cost effective method of getting them off.

I was pleasantly surprised to find Skunk2 titanium retainers.
DSCN1915.jpg

Now the question is - are these OEM itr valve springs or something better. This will dictate how crazy I go with the cams.
DSCN1911.jpg

put a socket over the top and give it a little smack.. thats what i did and it worked good! use caution though! i had no issues at all and it was easy but i dont want you posting pics of stitches in your face!

youre either gonna need stitches, or youll end up looking like Ethan's avatar. either way, you're losing. lol

lol just a suggestion for getting them off... i did it and it was easy one tap on each one and i had all the valves out! nothing even came close to flying! :D

put a socket over the top and give it a little smack.. thats what i did and it worked good! use caution though! i had no issues at all and it was easy but i dont want you posting pics of stitches in your face!

I've seen it done like this before.

you are un-reppable E. that valvespring tool is cool as shit

i used to have that header, it was nice. fit well and made good power. the only thing is that over time the finish on it got kinda crappy looking.

It's brushed stainless. How did your finish go bad? I was told to make sure it was grease and finger print free when heat cycled for the first few times.

In other news, I won a set of 310cc RC injectors on ebay.

Mine kind of tarnished due to rapid cooling in Chicago winters. At least that's what um attributing it to since it was only nicely bronzed until the deep freeze hit.

It's brushed stainless. How did your finish go bad? I was told to make sure it was grease and finger print free when heat cycled for the first few times.

In other news, I won a set of 310cc RC injectors on ebay.

Damn, got a set of those too. :( I just need to call you up and see if you want any of my crap.

Mine kind of tarnished due to rapid cooling in Chicago winters. At least that's what um attributing it to since it was only nicely bronzed until the deep freeze hit.

damn this chicago weather.. i had the same problem with mine... that and i hit a crater on lakeshore that made my already too low dc bottom out and flatten the bottom two tubes, and cracked them at the head/flange..... :mad:

Back