comptech supercharged S2000

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cycloneb18c3

hey whats up...
my friend has a 2000 S2000 and he has a comptech supercharger on it. Theres somethin wrong with it. He has the wastegate mounted BEFORE the charger. the car is pretty slow, and dosent spin the tires at all(which it should with 340 hp)even when he shifts 1st to 2nd it just chirps(my crx will break the tires loose and spin with 300hp). he tried upgrading all of the pipeing(which he says came was plastic) to metal, and he has a huge hole in it where he mounted a BOV and it didnt work, so he took it off.

what kind of psi are we talking about? was the supercharger used when it was purchased? ...somethings not adding up here...

are you fucking serious? ...... Let me guess, his dad bought him an s2000, and he fucked it up?

First of all, if he has a "huge hole" in a charge pipe, there is no boost. In fact, basically you just have a nice cold air intake with no filter. With that, the car isn't making 340 hp. I'd be suprised if it was making stock HP.

Secondly, Wastegates do go before the compressor.... thats how they work. They bleed air so the turbine doesn't see it. Blow of valves "bleed" boost, however they serve a completely different function than a wastegate.

Thirdly, Drive the car to someone who knows what they are doing, give them the keys, and pull out dad's credit-card.

that's funny, if you guys don't know what you are doing. Don't touch it anymore

You can afford to buy the car, daddy's money

Have him pay the garage to pay for the fucked up charge pipe !!

i work at a shop, and the kid came in, i sort of know him, but im not really friends with him, nor am I working on his car, I just want to offer him advice next time he comes in. what the heck does a wastegate do if its mounted in basically the intake of the supercharger? the hole from the BOV he has something trying to plug it(rubber plug with window sealer around it)the bov wasnt blowing off because the car isnt seeing any boost. a vortech supercharger on a b16 puts it near 260hp, so i figured easy 100 out of 1.6l, it should be a lil more for the s2000. he bought the kit brand new(our local honda dealership sells comptech, and installs it) and they installed it too. you can hear it whistle and everything, it just dosent really feel right/do anything.

i belive the kit stock is supposed to run 6-8lbs. his boost gauge says vacuum all the time, we used another gauge, says the same.

and he didnt use daddys money, hes been saving all of his money since he was like 15, to buy a car, and apparently the money added up.

well, my advice to him would be to save some more money. The only thing I can possibly think of, is that the "wastegate" (SC cars don't exactly have a wastegate) is stuck open, or the supercharger is spinning backwards. lol. And that doesn't
make sense. Have a professional look at the car.

He didn't bother learning anything about cars or boost but he had the money to have his S2000 SC'd and tuned...apparently not tuned...

But yeah holes in pipes usually cause lack of boost.

he did have it dyno tuned at a shop in north jersey(SPI---they have a shit load of shop cars including a twin turbo b16 crx that runs 9's, a 800hp supra-still TT, 600hp skyline,and stuff like that-----www.spipowerexcel.com) anyways yea he had it tuned, and then he drove his car through a chain link fence running from the police. he didnt get caught, but his car was pretty messed up. there was no damage to the charger or kit, but since then the car hasnt built boost up.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 10 2004, 10:27 PM
he did have it dyno tuned at a shop in north jersey(SPI---they have a shit load of shop cars including a twin turbo b16 crx that runs 9's, a 800hp supra-still TT, 600hp skyline,and stuff like that-----www.spipowerexcel.com) anyways yea he had it tuned, and then he drove his car through a chain link fence running from the police. he didnt get caught, but his car was pretty messed up. there was no damage to the charger or kit, but since then the car hasnt built boost up.

obviously there WAS damage to the charger if it now doesnt make and boost.

uhhh superchargers dont have wastegates... im guessing he doesnt have much power due to some leak, bad tuning, bad motor(already busted), or the belt is slipping.

it was defititly a b16, might of been stroked, but I didnt really ask questions, I just sort of drooled.

i would have to see some slips and pics. do you know how hard it is to run that fast? with a b16? then you twin turbo it, which is just pointless. i MIGHT believe it if it was single turbo...even then thats still extremely fast for a I-4...

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Apr 10 2004, 08:27 PM
anyways yea he had it tuned, and then he drove his car through a chain link fence running from the police. he didnt get caught, but his car was pretty messed up.

do everyone a favor and turn his ass in. he'll thank you for it later.

Back