Considering getting a 240

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Well i have been really thinking what i want to get as my next project. I know for sure i will get a truck when i get out of boot camp, cause i really want a 4 wheel drive. And i am really thinking about ditching the '71 chevy truck, so i want another car to work on.

I want to get a CRX, but here in SoCal it will jsut get stolen again, and ill lose $$. I ahd thought about getting an old 240 but didnt really look into it. well i picked up an Autotrader mag yesterday and saw three for sale here.

There was a '74 240, auto, runs really good, for $900, but needs some cosmetic work. then there was a 72, 4 speed, for $1500, runs good and had a lot of new parts. Also there was one that already had a roll cage and was fixed up for $2500, but i'd rather have a stock one.

If i get one it'll get a V8 swap for sure, but not really sure if i wanna go with an auto tranny or a manual from a camaro or something.

Just kinda wondering if these sound like reasonable prices, and what are some things to look for in these cars, any certain year that is better? whats the difference in the 260 and 240? Oh and whats a good source for the swap kits.

Cool, thanks. since Nissantech was down i was limited to this forum since i dont know any others.

But if you buy a 240 now, you won't have any money to buy the next big fad in about a year.

Sadly enough i think drifting is going to be a Fad for a little more than a year... eventually someone is going to figure out there is more to racing.... but then again we still have people who drive 500 laps in a circle.........

Go over to www.zcar.com, there's a ton of helpful people there and lots of nice Z's in the classifieds in SoCal. Oh, and a '74 is a 260Z, not a 240Z despite what the ad may have said.

Hope that helps.

-Steve

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd@May 6 2004, 11:27 PM
Sadly enough i think drifting is going to be a Fad for a little more than a year... eventually someone is going to figure out there is more to racing.... but then again we still have people who drive 500 laps in a circle.........

I wasn't talking about the drifting, I was talking about the 240 "hard-on-circle-jerk" craze.

Back