cost to put a b18a in a 91 crx si?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

baehan

hey guys..so, what would it cost to put a b18a in a 91 crx si? could anyone help me with a parts/price list? thanks. if i'm not mistaken, this would be the easiest swap for my vehicle. i plan on turboing later. for the same money or a little more...is there anything else that you would recommend?

b18a complete around $1100 (engine,tranny,ecu)
mount kit around $300-350
shift linkage around $150
expect to spend around another $100 or so on various stuff like hoses and fluids etc..
you can do this swap yourself if you have some mechanical knowledge or pay alot in labor
I would go ahead and replace the timing belt,distributer cap,rotor,wires,and plugs before installing just to keep it somewhat fresh
Hope this helps :ph34r:

make sure the b18 is from a 90-91 teg becasue they are obo0 like your car if not the wiring will harder

Originally posted by spedphreks@Nov 21 2003, 09:39 AM
shift linkage around $150

If you can get the shift linkeage from the Integra that your motor came out of, you can modify it yourself if you have any cutting and welding skills and save yourself some money.

You will also need the driveshaft's from the Integra.

I would also replace the timing belt and anything else you can afford to like the water pump and oil pump. It's just easier to do with the motor outside of the car. You should also replace the clutch while you've got it out.

Back