could you imagine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You can always have more than one Team HS.

I'd hook up with the Northeast or Midatlantic if needed. I can see it now. HondaSwap spreads through autoX and drag.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 6 2004, 09:17 PM
i can do the body work :D

so can i, and specialize in structural repair so after you guys run it into the wall ill be the unlucky bastard welding on half of a shell. :D

Ya know... it's not that bad of an idea. I mean, we all talk shit about racing and crap, but let's say that there's 40 people in the NE region, and they each pitch in the cost of an exhaust- $500. That's $20,000. That's plenty for a road race/ autox car (sorry, I refuse to build or have any part in a drag queen team)... Get a few of the team their racing licenses, and split a race entry (couple hundred bucks) between the 40 people...

The logistics would never work because everyone would want to be HNIC, so team leaders would have to be elected- R&D, fabrication, wrenching, driving, pitting, financing, ect...

I try to advertise. At autocrosses, I put hondaswap magnets on my car. I am probally going to make some larger ones soon.

Did you know that some companies such as toyota will give a driver money if they win an autocross national and have a large magnet on their car.

I never knew this place had any badass racers

I know B and E as with some of the other CT guys drive some gokarts but they are just the basic pay 10 buck and ride for X many laps.... they do however have a few auto x days under their belts

most people who are great racers have been racing since they were little kids
racing REAL gokarts and such

I can't think of one person here who has any REAL racing background

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jan 6 2004, 10:18 PM
I never knew this place had any badass racers

I know B and E as with some of the other CT guys drive some gokarts but they are just the basic pay 10 buck and ride for X many laps.... they do however have a few auto x days under their belts

most people who are great racers have been racing since they were little kids
racing REAL gokarts and such

yea, that is one thing that hondaswap is a little low on. Over on honda-tech in there road racing forum, some of those guys have $40k anual budgets for there teams.

As far as driving, there is a big gap between entry level autocrossers (which 99.999% of the autoxer here are, and pro) Like here in the detroit local region of the SCCA, DSP times are almost identical STS, where as at nationals, there are like 4 seconds between those 2 classes.

EDIT. I said OVEN

from what i've herd bill is one hell of a driver. and i know b16 has some road racing on his resumé. you east coast fags can have you're 'lil autox team and the leftsidaz will build a drag team :p .

:werd: :ditto: east coast= auto X, West=drag :burnout: :driver:
Together we could finish at least, 2nd to last!!!!

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jan 6 2004, 09:18 PM

I attended Skip Barber and Bob Bondurant racing schools a few years ago, and have been autoxing, ice racing, and open tracking for almost eight years. I drove for a Volvo racing team for two. Mind you- not Volvo of America, but a privateer shop with an '80 240 two door. Don't laugh. It'd kick just about everyone's asses here.

Now, if the NE guys are serious about this, I'll donate my 1200 as the race car. Think about it- 200 wheel HP, 1400 lbs. wet. 215/40- 16 Hoosier A008s. Guys, we're talking about Lotus Elise performance for under ten grand.

Originally posted by DarkHand@Jan 6 2004, 10:19 AM
I can see it now...

We could have, say, Calesta as a driver... He comes in for a pit stop, and a bunch of us gangly nerds trip over the wall to change a tire. We stumble with the lugnuts while someone else smears up his windshield trying to clean it off. Meanwhile the person fueling is pouring it all over the car because he's too busy reading slashdot on his PDA. Calesta drives off and immeadiately hits another car because he can't see through the smeared windshield, then the cross-threaded wheel falls off, and he runs out of gas.

B)

did you really sit down and fantasize about all the guys on here and the roles they could play in your fantasy....

:unsure:

whenever I fantasize....its usually about hot naked girls ..... :blink:

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 6 2004, 11:32 PM-->
@Jan 6 2004, 09:18 PM

I attended Skip Barber and Bob Bondurant racing schools a few years ago, and have been autoxing, ice racing, and open tracking for almost eight years. I drove for a Volvo racing team for two. Mind you- not Volvo of America, but a privateer shop with an '80 240 two door. Don't laugh. It'd kick just about everyone's asses here.

:werd: I think I'm gonna have to agree with the guy on the high horse here. :p

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 6 2004, 11:36 PM

:poop: Hey, he asked. I might be arrogant some times (more like, hardly ever), but you can't deny it- I do know my shit. I spent 90% of my time in the BS Forum, er... Members Lounge because, well... I'm taking a break from posting big threads. That, and on the rare occasion when I do, nobody says anything, or asks any follow up questions (see my reply to SC vs. Turbo in the FI board). It's like, did I really have to spend 20 minutes typing up that book? Did it make anyone smarter? Does anyone on this board even comprehend what I say? I pretty much keep my knowledge to myself, and dole it out when asked. When the Civic is done, you will see my fabrication skills, my ability to assemble parts in a manner to work in harmony with one another, my attention to detail, my enginuity, and when you see it on the track, my driving skills.

Basically, my Civic is going to showcase what all I've learned in the past eight years.

ive got some racing under my belt.

maybe not auto, but i competed locally for a few years at motox338 in southwick ma and jolly roger motorsports park in upstate ny. ive done my share of a 125cc amateur dirtbikes, and under 250cc atv. in my NEATVA-MX point series, ive placed 9th (my personal best) out of a 75 atv season.

ive only been into autocross for one year, usually in an underpowered car and still do relatively well.

as for the kart thing - my first time i was pitted against B, E, and airjockie. i had the ftd. .01 seconds faster than E. not bad.

this year i will own with the turbo mirage. i never really got into autocross much because i was racing 94redsigal's car. its not that great hopping into a car you dont drive very often... but i thank her still, and i did very good! we will have more fun this year.

team "Get Up And Go" :worthy:

ok so Loco has some school/racing background

that makes ONE person

btw cool to know loco I always thought you were just crazy =) heheheh

I had a 89 Civic LX I could have had for free in great cond to make into an autoX car but theres almost nothing going on in maryland =(

friggin state sucks when it comes to tracks yay we have 4+ drag strips and some dirt oval tracks.. yay.......

blah

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 6 2004, 11:44 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 6 2004, 11:36 PM

:poop: Hey, he asked. I might be arrogant some times (more like, hardly ever), but you can't deny it- I do know my shit.

I wasn't denying it. I was boosting your already way too fucking high ego by agreeing with you. ;)

Back