could you imagine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

even if something like this EVER did happen... who would drive? i know id want to. i love racing. :D

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Jan 6 2004, 11:44 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 6 2004, 11:36 PM

:werd: I think I'm gonna have to agree with the guy on the high horse here. :p

:poop: Hey, he asked. I might be arrogant some times (more like, hardly ever), but you can't deny it- I do know my shit. I spent 90% of my time in the BS Forum, er... Members Lounge because, well... I'm taking a break from posting big threads. That, and on the rare occasion when I do, nobody says anything, or asks any follow up questions (see my reply to SC vs. Turbo in the FI board). It's like, did I really have to spend 20 minutes typing up that book? Did it make anyone smarter? Does anyone on this board even comprehend what I say? I pretty much keep my knowledge to myself, and dole it out when asked. When the Civic is done, you will see my fabrication skills, my ability to assemble parts in a manner to work in harmony with one another, my attention to detail, my enginuity, and when you see it on the track, my driving skills.

Basically, my Civic is going to showcase what all I've learned in the past eight years.

You're not just arrogant, but an egotist to boot!

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jan 7 2004, 12:14 AM
even if something like this EVER did happen... who would drive? i know id want to. i love racing. :D

is is anyone on HS who hasnt been in a major accident that is over 20??? if so they should drive.

when UDT said we have tools coming out the ass, at first i thought he meant that a lot of members on HS were tools, and i was like "Hey thats where i fit in!!!....o fuck he meant real tools."

ifi you want a hondaswap racing team you we can all get on Nittos Ghey Dragracing site and start a HS team and have a team filed with civics, rsxs and a few skylines.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 7 2004, 02:25 AM
is anyone on HS who hasnt been in a major accident that is over 20??? if so they should drive.

:wave:

EDIT: No accidents of any kind, no moving violations.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 7 2004, 03:25 AM
is is anyone on HS who hasnt been in a major accident that is over 20??? if so they should drive.

What's a major accident? I totalled a car once...but no one was hurt...except the whiney bitch whos sueing state farm...but does that make it major?

i think totaling a car is pretty major.

i think that having a driver with no accidents is major, when you have almost 10,000 members to choose from there have too be some good drivers. Its especially important to have a good driver who doesnt break things in auto x because any monkey with a car can drag, but it takes skill to avoid accidents (or driving like a grandma) and we all know that if you have a honda and are on this site then chances are you dont drive like a grandma.

im halfway serious about the nitto online thing, anyone want to do it??

When I get on the freeway, the onramps are sometimes a 270* turn. I like to take the outside lane and pass everybody I can before we get to the acual freeway!

No accidents.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 7 2004, 06:51 PM
i think totaling a car is pretty major.

i think that having a driver with no accidents is major, when you have almost 10,000 members to choose from there have too be some good drivers. Its especially important to have a good driver who doesnt break things in auto x because any monkey with a car can drag, but it takes skill to avoid accidents (or driving like a grandma) and we all know that if you have a honda and are on this site then chances are you dont drive like a grandma.

im halfway serious about the nitto online thing, anyone want to do it??

breaking shit in autox? The only things that you can break are, lips, and if your really dumb and you go off roading or something (I have only seen this like 3 times and one broke a wheel) Other stuff that breaks (like axles, engines) are either un avoidable, or just over reving it. The only breaking shit that I have seen so far in autox was a broken rim (rice boy's 17's on a focus), a blown engine (from a Prepared old Dart), few broken lips (hitting cones) and a broken axle.

Also, I believe that the orginal post was about a Team hondaswap in road racing.

There are not to many autox teams, since you only drive a car 2 minutes tops a run, and 5 runs max, that means your only driving tops 10 mintues at an event. Other then a video taper, and maybe a tire pressure checker guy, theres not much a "team" can do at an event. Autox mainly has to do with how fast you can drive, not how fast your car is. It is more of a one man sport. Hell, a guy from the detroit region SCCA, first year driving autox, driving a 99ish scooby 2.5 RS, with not even alot of mods (for STS standards) went to nationals and placed high (may have placed 1st or second) It all has to do with the driver. It is not a team kind of thing.

Road racing yes. For the true teams (not just your weekend worrior) they have there pit crews, builders, ect. Those kinds of teams are the ones that can rack up close to 100k in one season. They will run insane CR's, spin to 12k rpms, and at the end of the event, they will rebuild that engine.

Originally posted by UDT@Jan 6 2004, 09:34 AM
wait see now im confused i thought i did post this in the lounge? if not then my bad yo :p

and i still think your gay E

Dude wants to start a racing team and he's not even I337 enough to find the lounge :lol: . But I agree, we would make a hell of a team all of us. Let's just hope B doesn't want to be the veichle crew chief :p

Back