CR-Z debut at detroit auto show

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

10_Insight_leftrear.jpg

They told us they were remaking the CRX, but really they took a second gen insight and made it a coupe.

FAIL.

Wait, what the fuck happened here?? It got fugly, too!
500x_2011_cr-z__1_.jpg

US bumper regulations happened. The crz was designed and packaged in japan for the japanese market. The big crash bars needed to make this a 5 star safety rated vehicle contributes to the extra front and rear overhang....

Car companies are like a giant aircraft carrier. Once you set them in 1 direction, it takes awhile to correct the course. Development for a model starts years 3-4 years before production. The market can change alot in 4 years. Everyone I work with is pissed about the direction the company has been going since 2007+. Look to the 2012+ full model change vehicles for the company going back to it's roots.

Car companies are like a giant aircraft carrier. Once you set them in 1 direction, it takes awhile to correct the course. Development for a model starts years 3-4 years before production. The market can change alot in 4 years. Everyone I work with is pissed about the direction the company has been going since 2007+. Look to the 2012+ full model change vehicles for the company going back to it's roots.

then i guess for the time being ill just go wait over there.....

scowling in disgust
:disgust1:

at least there's hope

though its hard to believe so looking at the mess they just produced

even 3-4 years ago, i dont see how this would have been practical to anyone

we get the "new direction in 5 years" bullshit all the time. pretty much the only thing new i would buy right now is either a nissan (gt-r, new silvia) or a bmw (3-series, m3). There aren't a lot of cars out there that i love.

one thing i do know is that honda sucks ass right now. the 3 cars i would buy from honda: nsx, s2k, and CTR just aren't available here. they are really fucking up on this one.

Aside from all the senseless weight in the fit, it's a good car.

What I really want is a coupé Fit. Imagine a 2000 lb 117 hp honda. Oh wait. Nevermind. We already had one.

Back