crx d16a6 to d16z6 head swap starting issues.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thank guys sooo much i got it runnin!!!! I just put on the a6 dizzy on nd it started right up

Hey if u cld Please send me a pic of ur destributer cuz i cant find a way to mount it without it idoling high.

So you are running a VTEC head with no VTEC?

It seems that an A6 head/cam would be more aggressive (i.e., more hp at top end) if you are not running VTEC (b/c you are only using the economy lobe on the VTEC camshaft)

But you would need a Z6 VTEC dizzy and a OBD1 ECU like a P28 or chipped OBD1 in general (with a conversion harness OBD0-OBD1)
Plus the VTEC wires ran to the ECU. There are jumper (conversion) harnesses that have wires ready for you to connect the VTEC wires.

Although.....if you just want a running car......looks like you are there!

Ok but y wld it be idoling high????. The throttle body is turned all the way down and the idol screw is turned all the way down and it idols at like 3400??

Ok so i have another problem. I got the overheating fixed but now my spark plugs are getting soked in gas so sometimes when i fire it up it will only fun on a couple cylinders. Ill take them out dry them nd then it runs fine. ???? Is it my injectors. Another thing tht worrys me is it will smoke realy bad. Yesterday a huge cloude of white smoke came out of my hood nd then i shut it off turned it on then it was running off three cylinders. Then i dryed them nd it ran fine????

i keep running into problems lol but i think this is almost good news because it explains why its doin everything it is. now i found oil in my throttle body. it would be either my valves are loose or bad valve seats right ??? it has a brand new head gasket

well i found out it was my head bolts. i didnt know tht they stretch after they are used once. but thanksfor all the help.

i got spark but when i run my car for a little bit then turn it off. if i start it back up after i let it set it will smoke like crazy nd smell like oil and antifreeze. so i found out im not suppose to reuse the head bolts because it will leek oil and anti freeze in the block. so i bought new bolts and im gunna install them today and see if that fixes it. if it does i need a link for a new computer and wiring harness for the d16z6 vtec head.

OK i need some help its my first swap never done it and now I'm stuck! i have a 91 crx hf shell well it had a h swap in it so the tranny welded bracket on the crx was moved over, i went out and found a d16z6, all stock just pulled from a 94 civic si.. i go to drop it in my crx well the si mounts are to big what do i do ? will stock crx engine mounts what ever comes stock on crx work i think d15b6 or d15a6 ? or do i get the after market civic to crx 91 mounts on ebay? Then what more do i need to know about dropping the d16z6 in my crx? will everything else work like wires they are obd1 wires! and p28 ecu!

user_online.gif

see im still having problems with my d16z6 swap. my 90 crx si needs a new ecu and wiring harness to run vtec but im going to just run non vtech untill i can afford the harness and ecu either chiped or a new one. my d16z6 bolted right up except for the front motor mount closest to the radiator. MY stock engine in my crx si 1990 was a d16A6.

so i should just try to get it to fit?
i don't have the front mount it was cut off because of the h swap that was in my crx. should i try and get d16a6 mounts? what do they run in $$$

So i end up getting me stock d16a6 si mounts the driver side the back and the passenger side one under $150 at the auto store. the i sill gotta get the longer bolts that you bolt up the mounts to the brackets on the car! thanks for the help. brommy02!
ill try and get pic of the car when fully done! idk yet if i wanna run 5 pounds of boost yet should i?

I personally wldent right yet till u get all performance parts such as pistons good air intake as well as oil pan. But ya np man

only if i'm running 5 pounds lil stuff lol i have the air intake but nothing else ...i may send my ecu in to chip it..40 on ebay chip,i was just going to just run a eBay turbo nothing nuts,? what do you think?

ya that would be ok. and can anybody tell me why the im getting antifreeze in my block. i have a new head gasket and new head bolts in it. if nobody can help me can someboy just give me a good deal on another engine that will drop in my car and is RUNNING. cuz i have the worst luck with this car. i have had three different engines in it and its still not running. i would prefer a vtec. i have a 1990 honda crx si.

Back