crx dx swap to zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well i ordered the 1.6 sohc zc since i found out about the obdo it was accually going to cost me $350 more for the dohc zc.at a glance what is the difference in the 88-91 and 92-95 zc sohc?i just want to be shure i have the rite motor when it arrives and i inspect it.

i have the 1.5 sohc dpfi in it now.need a direct bolt on for the tranny as it is in good shape.the motor in it runs great but since i put 17's on it man is it slow.

Just because a transmission will bolt up to a given motor doesn't mean it's the best transmission to use. I would have just paid for a complete swap and got the engine, tranny, and ECU. That way you know the gear ratios will match nicely to the characteristics of the engine.

Also, is your budget extremely limited? $100 or even $300 isn't really a lot of money when you're talking about an engine swap. I would have shelled out the extra bucks and got a better motor. Your car is still gonna be pretty damn slow with the 1.6 single cam on 17" wheels compared to your stock 1.5.

swap is going great so far just need a few sensors and i will be firing her up.thanks to all for the help.i am installing a new a/c pump and drier, it came with ester oil.do i pour it into the pump itself?if so how much?also i drained the oil and some water came out i am hopeing it doesn't have a cracked block have any of you experienced this with a jdm?

Back