1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRX Gauges

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by brian11to1, Sep 16, 2003.

1. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

My friend and I went to the Junk Yard yesterday to get the center console for his Civic... ok we saw a Gauge cluster (with tachometer) to the rex, will it fit into a DX civic the gauges are out of the 90 rex, and we are wanting to put them into an 89 Civic... what wiring has to be changed/ran etc...

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Not to sure if the pre 92's were wired for everything like the later ones. I have heard it isn't plug and play though on the older crx's.

3. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

Can someone confirm this?

4. dirty91crx

dirty91crx Member

i dont know the wiring conversion for this swap. i do know however its not plug and play as ive tried to install a 89 crx si cluster into my 91 hf. it cant be too bad as the conversion from usdm cluster to the sir cluster isnt so bad.

5. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

the wiring should be the same on the two however you will need to get the cowel that covers the cluster as the 89 and 90 cowels are different. If i were you I would just get an 88-89 cluster.

6. dirty91crx

dirty91crx Member

sorry buddy 88-89 guage cluster wiring differs from 90-91. if u want ill take a pic of the 89 in my 91 and turn the key on....hehe turn the blinker and the hatch light starts blinking, hit the high beams and the cel light comes on. just doesnt work with out converting.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted