CRX Main relay issues?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Z6CRX

übber ɐɾuıu etarip
What would cause a main relay to click like crazy while cranking and randomly in the On position on the ignitian

I've checked my grounds, changed ECU's, changed relays, and checked fuses
I shut my hood and the car wouldnt start? I'll pull a few more

I'm somewhat lost here, fuel pump engages just it doesnt seem like the injectors fire

Suzuki Samurai's have the exact same problem, to the extent where there is actually a replacement (and much much beefier) relay simply called the "clicky starter fix". I dont know what makes it go bad but it sounds like its probably time for a new relay.

I'll check that on monday. But I've checked a few others, they look fine, but my luck they have the same problems :laugh: :laugh:

a lot of times the solder will crack away from the board when it gets hotter outside. usually it just keeps your fuel pump from comming on, but i could forsee it having other problems.

Quoted post[/post]]
What would cause a main relay to click like crazy while cranking and randomly in the On position on the ignitian

I've checked my grounds, changed ECU's, changed relays, and checked fuses
I shut my hood and the car wouldnt start? I'll pull a few more

I'm somewhat lost here, fuel pump engages just it doesnt seem like the injectors fire

The link below shows how to fix the problem. The repair should last for many years! I've opened several main relays that were working fine - all of them were on the verge of krapping out due to deteriorating solder connections.

Main Relay Repair

Tried the repair on one of the several i have, still clicking.
It's probably possesed :blink:
I'll get it working tomorrow though. Somehow

Hey

It is probally a grounding issue you might have a floating ground,,, check the engine bay i just finished the swap on my integra and it woudn't start until i put ground on in the engine bay,, You might have a open ground on the relay.

Anyway Hope this helps

i've got an 89 or 90 auto DPFI civic with this same exact issue

i've traced the clicking from the main relay to the upper brown injector in the DPFI throttle body

i've tried 4 diffrent main relays, 2 diffrent injectors yet the problem persists...

i was thinking its the ECU but you said you changed yours already so maybe thats not the problem with this car either
any other ideas out there?

:huh: Got it solved. All the grounds were good. Changed the Condsor fan fuse, worked

confused the hell out of me but it worked

Back