CTR pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

by little bump i mean you go from 10.48 to 10.53 (adjust a little bit, but it gives you an idea of how small a bump im talking about)

CTR pistons will take you to 11.93. thats why i said its probably better to keep the stock pistons.

well.. i went out and checked for stamps.. my head says pr3-1 but my block has the b16a i had bought the p30 intake mani to pass BAR, because i had an ITR mani on there..

dude if the block says b16A leave it alone your fine. you have p30 pistons and cant do anything else to it unless you change the crank and rods for longer stroke. just mess with the head. get some cams and exhaust if dont have one already.

OR you can do what what fromby said and get a little spay in there. a 50 wet shot is enough to make any man's winky tinkle. lol

How much money and time are we talking about here?

i dont have much money but i have all the time in the world.. i'm on disability and i'm moving back in my moms for a few months... so most of my $$ i can put towards my car.. i'll probably get the head ported, go with an AEBS manifold or something of the equivalent.. either have my TB bored out while the head is getting ported.. get me an ITR header.. and run my same exaust i have now.. custom 2 1/4 piping w/ a dynomax muffler..

thats what i thought^^^ .. thanks for clearing that up for me

Don't forget when you want to put CTR pistons in your B16A your going to have shave the connecting rod. CTR pistons are narrower where the wrist pin is! But, any machine shop can do that for you.

B16%2B17rodmod_1.jpg

isnt a b16A a jdm CTR or del sol motor? i believe we kinda cleared up that he has ctr pistons already.

but thanks for the knowledge. i sure as hell didnt know that.lol

a b16a is a jdm civic si motor or a del sol motor.

a b16b is a civic type r motor.

well.. i think i've gone against the CTR pistons..(it was just a thought anyways), since i have p30 pistons already i'm just gonna free up the head a bit.. but thanks for all the info guys

eg6sir,

What do you want out of your engine anyway? From there you will know what you need!

Last edited:
thanks.. i bookmarked the site for when i need it..

well.. the car is basically a DD.. i may autox it every now and then.. looking for maybe 180 whp or somewhere in that range.. nothing too big.. its gotta be drivable still

very capable with cams.intake mani and good header.

very capable with cams.intake mani and good header.

ok.. well do you think its capable with CTR cams or would i need better.. i plan on porting the head and getting the TB bored out.. along with a portmatched intake mani.. if needed..

what header would you suggest??.. i have a DC 4-2-1 and i know that wont cut it..

my skunk2 stage 2 feel AWESOME! when vtec hits its like a foot up your ass the way it jerks you back.they definitly require tuning,compression and upgrade valvetrain. but man they are woth it. you can find some used for 500-700 bucks.

Back