D series Axles to B series?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JohnnyWash1

Hello everybody, I just purchased a 1993 Honda Civic CX ($1500) for the purpose of doing and engine swap and some track racing. I have narrowed my engine down to the B16 SiR2, because of the hydraulic tranny. Currently I have the D15b8, which is terribly efficient but no fun. Hmotorsonline has the SiR engine, ecu and tranny for $1800. They warn that this does not include axles or linkage. My question is, do I need that stuff, or will my current axles work just fine? Thank you.

Jon

first things first check you motor very carfully i mean take off the oil pan and everything you can to inspect your engine i got mine from them and one had a broke rod and the other had a bad tranny. now to answer you question b series works with b series only and d series works with d series only unless you are going to be doing some costom cutting on the shitlinkage you are going to need one i say for the money just spend the 2250 on the sir2 and go from there. the other thing is check your axles before you put them in i was putting mine in and the dam boot was ripped in my opion hmotorsonline sucks i got my other engine from http://www.totaljdm.com/ they have it on sale now for 2450 shipped to your door that is the way to go good luck

Originally posted by mrnice1058@Nov 3 2004, 04:07 PM
first things first check you motor very carfully i mean take off the oil pan and everything you can to inspect your engine i got mine from them and one had a broke rod and the other had a bad tranny. now to answer you question b series works with b series only and d series works with d series only unless you are going to be doing some costom cutting on the shitlinkage you are going to need one i say for the money just spend the 2250 on the sir2 and go from there. the other thing is check your axles before you put them in i was putting mine in and the dam boot was ripped in my opion hmotorsonline sucks i got my other engine from http://www.totaljdm.com/ they have it on sale now for 2450 shipped to your door that is the way to go good luck
[post=411532]Quoted post[/post]​

Thank you for the reply. It sounds like I will need the axles and linkage then. Oh well.

even with custom cutting they will enver work. d and b seires axels are very very very different.

same deal with the linkage- get the teg one. the d-series one can be hacked and weleded to work- but your shifter quality will be just that- a hack job.

hmotorsonline.com has THE best rep in te business. end of story.
yo're saying they suck because a piece of rubber was ripped- probably occuring during shipping.

did you call him and get a replacement for FREE? because they would have sent it no questions asked.

you're an idiot.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 5 2004, 02:01 PM
even with custom cutting they will enver work. d and b seires axels are very very very different.

same deal with the linkage- get the teg one. the d-series one can be hacked and weleded to work- but your shifter quality will be just that- a hack job.

yo're saying they suck because a piece of rubber was ripped- probably occuring during shipping.

did you call him and get a replacement for FREE? because they would have sent it no questions asked.

you're an idiot.
[post=412719]Quoted post[/post]​

I think intelligent people will still be able to discern hmotors excellent reputation, even through bogus complaints like this. I will still go through them.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 5 2004, 05:01 PM

you're an idiot.

you know what fuck you i am tired of your ass just answer his question and shut the fuck up aight
incase you don't remember bitch i had a broken rod and my other one had a bad thrid gear so if you don't know the story fuck you aight don't be a bitch if he ask you a question answer it if i am wrong stop being a bitch just answer the question smart ass busta fuck you

Originally posted by mrnice1058+Nov 5 2004, 11:24 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Nov 5 2004, 05:01 PM
even with custom cutting they will enver work.  d and b seires axels are very very very different.

same deal with the linkage- get the teg one.  the d-series one can be hacked and weleded to work- but your shifter quality will be just that- a hack job.

hmotorsonline.com has THE best rep in te business.  end of story.

did you call him and get a replacement for FREE?  because they would have sent it no questions asked.

you're an idiot.

you know what fuck you i am tired of your ass just answer his question and shut the fuck up aight
incase you don't remember bitch i had a broken rod and my other one had a bad thrid gear so if you don't know the story fuck you aight don't be a bitch if he ask you a question answer it if i am wrong stop being a bitch just answer the question smart ass busta fuck you
[post=412989]Quoted post[/post]​

I have only been on this site for a couple of days and there seems to be so much hate. I just want the info--and I have found it. Thank you both.

no problem i just tring to help give you information that i know but he is a bitch about stupid shit i swear i must be a threat to him or something he is always following me in this forum and dissin on me but it is cool i will be a bigger man then he is if you need help let me know

Back