D14A4 EK SWAP TO D16Y2(UK) Please Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this is the same problem i came across doing a freinds car
This 1.4 for some reason has 2 OBD1 type ecu plugs
Easiest i felt was to get a OBD2a engine loom 96-98 Civic...anything like from D16y7, d16y8 etc...with the correct ecu pinouts format, ie the ones we have wiring diagrams for!!...and then get a OBD2a to 1 coversion harness and run a P28 or p30 ...
As long as the new loom you got has the Ecu pin set up of 32 ...31...16 pins...your good to go

Guessing this is a old post...and you must have sorted it now...Let me know please what you did...thanks

In cases like yours, there is nothing you can do besides make, or swap in a new harness.

Those cars had no requirement for OBD2 like other countries, so honda used up the last of the OBD1 stuff they had. The only OBD2 1.4l engines honda made started with the D14z1, and depending on the chassis, it was either an OBD2a or 2b.

In cases like yours, there is nothing you can do besides make, or swap in a new harness.

Those cars had no requirement for OBD2 like other countries, so honda used up the last of the OBD1 stuff they had. The only OBD2 1.4l engines honda made started with the D14z1, and depending on the chassis, it was either an OBD2a or 2b.

Yes I just hope the swap in harness plugs in PNP for this...No way to sit down and figure the cars original wiring...ie the 1.4 EK OBD1...will take forever...
Easier just to get a OBD2a engine loom...just hope it plugs in where it should..without much messing about

ok everything is sorted since then , it turns out that the guys dizzy had seen the best days , i swapped the d16y2 loom on the b16a2 engine and used a p30 ecu and just added vtec oil presure wire n plug . the uk mb chasis civic's appears to be obd1 . the b16a2 engine i took from a eg6 . i would really had love to get hold the wiring diagram but its all sorted .. my next mission it to swap a b18c6 in a 96 ek3 with a d15z5/6 so all the help need .

Back