D15b8 block w/ d16y8 trouble.. Please Help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accord16nj

I have a d15b8 motor that I have just put a d16y8 head onto it. The car idles fine then cuts off and stalls when gas is applied. what could be wrong?? everything has gone as planned...

thanx :eek:

im not sure what the d15b8 is out of put i dont think its vtec, and the d16y8 is a vtec head so the cams are different...did u change ecus? add all the vtec stuff? that could be your problem right there?

I just want to know what other parts do I need to do the swap and any other modfication that needs to be done to the engine.

I'm taking about D16Y8 or D16Z6 head to D15B8 block on a 93 Civic CX.

Right now the only part I have it's the head, and I not sure whichone is, if is D16Z6 or D16Y8. Yes I do now about the ECU, harness, intake and exhaust manifold that a will have to get thoses, but my biggest concern is the distributor, can I use the one that comes with the D15B8 or do I need to buy another for D16Z6 or D16Y8 head?

Something else I would like to know is if all the parts for the D-series engine are interchangeable.

D16Y8 needs it's own distributor, D16Z6 needs it's own distributor.

Part Number: TD42U = D16Z6

for the D16Y8, look a around for the part.

i know alot about this subject i had this same problem. is your car a civic or crx and to tell is you have a y8 or a z6 is simple. if you have an '88-'91, which im guessing your car is, distributer, it will bolt in no problem with a y8 but on the z6 you will have to modify your holes to have it bolt up correctly. if you have a civic try using either a crx comp or an integra comp they both solved my problem.

Back