d16 to f22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

maxivic6089

im currently driving a 98 civic cx with a d16y7 sohc non-vtec and i have got a f22 sohc vtec, im wondering if it will fit without doing any major mods? also the f22 has an automatic tranny n wondering if the tranny 5spd trany from my d16 wud for on it?

It will require a decent amount of modding, and no, the transmission from your D16 will not work on the Accord motor.

Is something wrong with your D16? Or do you just want more power? If you're just looking for more power then I'd recommend swapping the Y7 head over to a Y8 or Z6 head, or just swapping the entire thing out for a B-series engine...

alright thx, why wudnt the tranny fit? is it cuz of the bolt pattern? n yes im looking for more power. its cuz i can get the whole car n motor for free... :( lol

It just wont line up. You have to keep the engine and transmission in the same family (D, B, F/H, K)

Sure a F or H would fit in but they're not the best choice. Heavy and not as many parts as a B-series.

you can make any engine fit, it just comes down to how much work you want to do. If you want something easy, do the basic intake, header, exhaust, do a mini me (vtec head on non vtec block) and a nice cam. if you want a little more power and want to do a little extra work get either a B16 or a B18

alrighty thx for the help everyone! so the engine wont line up with the motor mounts? and the transmision from the d series wudnt fit on the f series. also my d series was not vtec and the f series is so thats just about changing the whole computer?

get a ls b18 and get a garage to swap it in for you... when you get bored with it in a year or two and learn some more then turbo it.

what parts in a swap are essential to make any engine run/work in a car its not made for

1. engine
2. transmission
3. wiring harness (unless adaptable)
4. ECU
5. Mounts (get d to whatever engine you want to run mounts)
6. possible radiator
7. possible fuel pump

d-series won't line up to F-series. i believe that the H-series will. and H and F series have interchangeable parts.

Look up D to F swap or even D to H swap and you'll get an idea for what you will need and how to do it. also check out the HP & TQ. difference to see if it will be of any benefit to you before you decide to spend all your money on the swap and not be able to afford anything aftermarket after if your goal was power.

think before you act or you'll end up with a pile of crap :D

what parts in a swap are essential to make any engine run/work in a car its not made for

1. engine
2. transmission
3. wiring harness (unless adaptable)
4. ECU
5. Mounts (get d to whatever engine you want to run mounts)
6. possible radiator
7. possible fuel pump

d-series won't line up to F-series. i believe that the H-series will. and H and F series have interchangeable parts.

Look up D to F swap or even D to H swap and you'll get an idea for what you will need and how to do it. also check out the HP & TQ. difference to see if it will be of any benefit to you before you decide to spend all your money on the swap and not be able to afford anything aftermarket after if your goal was power.

think before you act or you'll end up with a pile of crap
sitting in your garage that is :D

here is the basic little write up i have been passing around. it applies to both h and f series MANUAL swaps.

first off, swaps are getting easier...

the post below applies to the F and H series motors as the mounts, transmissions, axles, and wiring are the same.

First off, an H22 is hydraulic clutch, cable shifter.

Motor Mounts will have to be purchased. Explicit Speed Performance Quality mounts, not hasport pretty, but have yet to break a set (out of 12 h/f turbo swaps)

Axels you can go a different route. Ebay (like 120) for decent axels, Hasport (300), or build your own (good if the swap comes with axels) (you can use your stock drivers side, you have to change the nuckle on the passenger sie that attaches to the trans) (you will have all the parts so no cost!!)

Cable shifter... the lines have to be ran so they are not bent at too tight of an angle. Use the prelude shifter (you will need to cover the hole from the old shift linkage and either weld in 4 nus on top or try ans screw on 4 on the longer bolts under the car. the easier wat it to weld. they will las longer especially when yankin on the shifter. The bes way to run your cables is through the fire wall just under the center console. this way you run less risk of hitting your wire harness with the larger Bore bit (minimum 1.5 in hole). from there you can run the cables to the shifter (under the carpet) and to the transmission.

Wiring.... Raywire (Rywire - Online Store) will make you a harness (from your single cam and the h22/23) that will work fine with the h22 ecu. you have another option, you can mix and match to build a jumper harness in the two places where the hanesses meet. take about 3 hours and will be plug and play. this is the dash connector to ecu and dash connector to engine harness, about 40 wires total (obd2 will have a few left over but you can wire the diognostip port up for trouble codes)

any questions hit me up.... 6785446472

need help

i need to know where to get f22 motor mounts for a 2001 civic 2 door coup, i have been looking and cant find one but then again i dont really know where to look ive got the car and a 400hp f22 i just need to put it in can u help me?????

Back