d16 turbo.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ShadowHonda

I;m having a problem with my setup. my valve is knocking. it coming more from the dist.. side. i adjust the valve. check and redo the timing. i have ycp piston. a copy of eagle rod call star.. From tunertoys.com i have to notch the block for the rods. i ope the pan and check it again to see if its hitting. and its not. the knock is coming from the valve.. i changed 3 head that i had too. i try useing thinker oil and its the same. i needed in help .. anything got any idea.

its either that theres enough play in the rods that it still may be tapping the block. Thats all i got.

If your hearing a knocking you could have spun a crank bearing.. How did this knock come about?

sound like its coming from the head. on cylinder #4. Got some rod call Star from tunertoys its a copy of eagle rod. They say that you have to notch it so that it can fit. Got it notch. Thought they make after market rod thats oem size. to just fit in.
sound its a rod knocking noise but some reason it sound is coming more from the head. i use a long flat head to point it and listen to it.

i got a tdc marker that measure and tell me when its on tdc. i think its the rod and the build it self. my cousin probbly brought the wrong rod. cuz they say with these rod u have to notch the build so it have room to clear when it rotate.

If its a spun rod bearing it probably wouldn't do it on idle right away either. Just when you let off the throttle and it will be a "double" knock. Atleast that's what mine was like.

Back