d16y8 or d16y7 dizzy needed asap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stevie eg civic

hi im new to the forum but im member of alot of civic forums honda forums ive just fond this site and it looks awesome im seriously after a d116y8 dizzy for my conversion from d13b2 to d16z6 but ive got a y8 ported and polished head on there now so all i need is a new dizzy and i can cack on with the work if anyone has or knows anyone with 1 can someone let me know please thank you in advance stevie eg civic :D

as i said, if your car is still using an obd1 ecu and wire harness the one i linked above is right. d16y8 and y7 are both obd2 and are a pain in the ass to get the respective dizzy working on an obd1 ecu.

oh, and you live in england, you're under 50, and you drive a honda....isn't that kind of a rarity in your area?

Last edited:
what do u mean rarity ? loads of yougsters dive honda egs in the northeast mate but im still stuck on the fact i need a d15b7 dizzy why is a d16y8 dizzy hard with ecu what do u mean can u explain a little bit more mate cheers stevie

Hondas built after 1988 and before 2000 are split up into 3 distinct groups. OBD0, OBD1, and OBD2. Each group has a different computer programmed for different performance and emission results. They also have different outputs. Now, if your EG is still using an OBD1 computer, its going to be a pain in the ass to get an OBD2 distributor working because now you have to rewire the distributor. So, if you want an OBD1 distributor that will work with your OBD2 motor, go with the one for the D15B7. If you've got an OBD2 ECU, well, of course, just go with the y8 distributor.

Back