D16Z6 swap into a uk d13 without vtech

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

humphreyz

hi from wales i have the civic hatch d13 engine itisnot vtech it is carb and has power steeringiwant toput a di6z6 engine in it wat do i need below are a few things that r bothering me and if u could help i would b more than greatful

wiring loom - i have that with all conectors

engine -i have this with drive shafts and all parts

fuel lines and tank- does this need to b changed and how difficult is this coz mine is carbed at mo

can somone tellme wat i have to do to make this work and how much work is involved i hjave ever part available from a donar car that has ben writen off

thanks stu :)

You have quite an adventure ahead of you my friend. The D13 Civics from Europe have a weird OBD 0/OBD I hybrid wiring scheme. Essentially from looking at the two here, you're going to have to almost completely rewire the car from teh engine bay to the cabin.

rip your car apart and install the complete vtec wire harness, then install everything that goes with it...

fuel lines and tank will need to be changed also...

honestly id sell the car and start with somethig that was at least injected to begin with
this sounds like a potential nightmare

Originally posted by michael_antoi@Sep 7 2005, 04:31 PM
would this also be hard in an AUDM eg dual carby?
[post=550624]Quoted post[/post]​

Best to start your own thread, but....It depends. Honda has sme weird models around teh world. You're going to have to look at the ECU and engine connections, and compare them to the OBD I ones, making sure it isn't one of the mix breds.

Back