1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d16z6 turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by 2drunk, May 5, 2004.

1. 2drunk

2drunk Junior Member

alright, i know this is a constant topic of discussion, but i am a newbie after all. i am building a set up that will not be complete for around a year, but am missing performance on my daily driver. i've got a '94 w/d16z6 and am looking into a 4g63t t3 conversion. my goal for now would be in the neighborhood of 180+/- hp and halfway dependable. what can you suggest as a good dependable setup until the monster drops next year? any input would be appreciated.

2. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

source a grEEddy kit off of ebay.

should get you there with minimal effort and money....

untill you can save up for your "monster"

3. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

1) Do a search.

2) Read my articles.

3) Where do you live?

4. 2drunk

2drunk Junior Member

loco,
    i've read your posts. i was hoping for a response from you. i live in missouri. i'm not exactly ready to drop a lot of money for a prepackaged system. i can get my hands on a complete system from a '92? gsx dsm for around $225. i would like to utilize this option if possible to save money for the project engine. there is a local crx with this setup, but has experience plenty of problems, most of which i believe is the idiot behind the wheel and under the hood.

5. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

The only things you can use from the DSM are the turbo, BOV, and IC. You still need a manifold, DP, charge piping, fuel management, and gauges. For a manifold, you can use an HF manifold with an adapter plate, fuel management an FMU and HIGH PRESSURE inline fuel pump, gauges- at the least a boost and AFG, downpipe and charge piping- simple exhaust pipe and Home Depot hose connectors, oil/ coolant lines (you MUST cool the turbo with coolant) can be made out of 1/4" high pressure fuel injection hose. Cheap and sleazy and under $650 if you do it right.

6. MrTokai

MrTokai Junior Member

i hope this isn't considered thread jacking but here it goes....

i'm pretty much in the same boat: currently i have a d16z6 in a 92 hatch...long term goal is a b18c, but that's far off, considering my economic standings...i've just come across a complete greddy kit with bov n intercooler for relatively cheap (gotta love family)....but what i'm wondering, and i'm sure is somewhere on 2drunk's mind, is: is it worth it?

like i said, the b18 is quite a ways off and may not even happen cuz of school... <_< ...but the forced induction option is looking very bright (and attainable) right now...but is the SOHC 1.6 worth boosting? worth the trouble? worth the money invested?

sorry if i jacked it...tell me n i'll start my own thread, but this info would probably benefit 2drunk also!!

7. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Hell yes it's worth boosting. I had a boosted Z6 with 132K on it in an Si hatch and could beat C5 powered CX hatches. Oh, I spent about $1200 on my turbo setup.

Do the math.

8. 2drunk

2drunk Junior Member

what about using the dsm injectors? possible? necessary?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted