Darn FURNACE!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heres a real quik crappy photo of the heater...go 2 quik pics before the bat on the camera died...give me a few hours and I'll get some better pics when I get back from some errands....

DSC01055.JPG

DSC01056.JPG

it's like a 75,000 input BTU heater, with an 60,000+ BTU output....

My little reddyheater that I currently use in the garage is a 30,40, 50,000 BTU.....

Thats a HUGE furnace for a garage! ROFL!! I thought you meant like a Modine...

And B... Where do you put a tank when you dont have a garage or basement? Kinda hard to tell the wife your putting the oiltank next to the baby's crib... :p

So far so good... Except for the wife nagging about the fuel smell through the house... Its like WTF do you want? Do you want heat? Or do you want it to smell nice?

you don't have a basement??? is your house on the ocean or something?

Not all houses in New England are ranches there buddy... :p

And actually, i'm in East CT. Pretty much middle of the state, but right near the RI border...

My house is a cottage style house... No basement... Crawlspace..

obviously they aren't all ranches...

there's colonial, cape, dutch, split-level, contemporary, etc....

but still all those houses have a basement.

where the hell are all your pipes and hot water heater and the furnace itself???

In my laundry room.

EDIT: I'd show pics... But scrapinsi.com expired, and my twat of a provider won't release the domain so I can renew with my new provider... :mad:

lol shitty domains :cry:

get the IP of your server.... you don't need a name to hit it.

xxx.xxx.xx.xx/~scrapinsi/public_html/

:p

well at this point I would of tried to prime the oil burner.
Reset the breaker... Blower comes on... But no BOOM of fuel igniting...

I had some neat furnace problems myself. I moved into my grandmothers house I bought from her, furnace repalced 7years ago. well this is what happened, I've got a Burnham V73, cast iron boiler. well the fucking casting had a leak (wtf only 7yrs old)and would piss water all over the floor. Called burnham they sent me a new casting. all I need to do is switch over the tankless water coild and oil beckett oil burner. well never got around to it.

Then I started building an addition added a second floorso I decided to replace the furnace with a Biasi so I could direct vent it and get rid of my chimney for the added floor space on the second floor.

long story short, I now have a perfectly good bran new Burnham furnace w/ a beckett oil burner and a tankless coil for hot water. sitting in my basement ,next to a bran new Biasi that's heating my house. I need to sell the other furnace I've been trying t ofind a buyer for ever, don't know were you list a boiler for sale. but I'm trying to get $1000 for it deivered in CT (buyer gets it off the back of the truck)

happy burner repairs.

My house is a cottage style house... No basement... Crawlspace..

it really all depends on how much money the builder had when building or what the building was going to be used for

my area was real big in the 1900's-1950's maybe as a vacation area from NYC and those city people...
we still have ukranian camps and jewish camps etc around my area but not as much as it used to be

all the camps were built as seasonal housing, so summers only, didn;t worry about insulation or plumbing freezing etc, but now they are being converted into homes, most just have concrete block piers, no foundation/no basement...

so they get insulated, the crawl space gets enclosed, forced hot air trailer furnaces installed in a cabinet or whatever inside the house and the oil/kerosene tanks placed outside

my friend runs strictly kerosene so he doesn;t have to deal with gelled fuel and such

wow i have no idea wtf any of you are talking about.. what's a furnace?? :p

coldest i've ever seen it here was 28 at night :ph34r:

Yem...list it on Craiglist...and I bet it will be gone fast...or the Bargain news....

Yem... I'd LOVE to snatch that furnace up and replace mine with it... But in the middle of winter... Dont wanna risk the additional downtime if you know what i mean... If you still have it around taxtime... I might be pretty interested... And I'm in CT.. And can pickup... :)

And I also tried to prime the burner... That's when i figured that maybe the nozzle got clogged... So I took it all apart...

Recked... That is similar to what my house is... It started out as a summer Cottage in 56... Then in 63, the old man that owned it added on a garage, furnace, insulation, etc and moved in... Then lived here up until 2000ish.. When he went into a home... The people who bought it converted the garage into a bedroom/dining room (Dining room for them, bedroom for us), and remodelled the whole house... Then I bought it...

Clayton... If I had my garage built... I'd be all over that like a fat kid on cake!! Thats perfect for an oversized 2 car garage to stay nice and toasty!!

Back