Dave Chapelle yells at Sacramento crowd

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DarkHand

VIP
Link

Chappelle got so angry with the crowd Tuesday night at Sacramento's Memorial Auditorium that the stand-up comic walked off the stage for nearly two minutes. Upon his return, he told the audience, "You people are stupid."

What got the comic so riled up? According to Chappelle, it was audience members who wouldn't "shut up and listen - like you're supposed to."

Much more in the article. :)

I attended a Lewis Black show where he did the same. The crowd was VERY annoying. They were just hooting and hollering, and the PA system didn't work too well. Just ignorant assholes.

Dave Chapelle is funny. Lewis Black is completely off his rocker. He challenged them to a fight, got off the stage, went to the rear of the room and dared people to fight him (!)

I met him that night, and he's a decent cat.

-> Steve

That had NO relevance to this thread WHATSOEVER.

Ban him!

his stand up is funny.... but it is rude to interruped a person that is speaking that crowed sucks

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jun 19 2004, 02:15 PM-->
driverunknown
@Jun 19 2004, 03:00 PM
If you guys read the article, read this also.

http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=elizabeth_smart

:wtf2:

:asshat:

:beat:

:chair:

:nutkick:

Elizabeth Smart, the 15-year-old Utah girl who was kidnapped from her home, figured prominently in the commentary. He contrasted her case - she was discovered about nine months after her abduction only a few miles from her home - with that of 7-year-old Erica Pratt, who gnawed through her duct tape bindings to free herself from kidnappers in Philadelphia and was responsible for the arrest of the two men who had taken her. Pratt is African American, and her story received much less attention than did Smart's.

Read the whole article jackassess :p

dave's coming to omaha, ne tomorrow night and i have tickets. it's kind of a big thing here. we just recently built a new auditorium, the quest center. i hope the show it awesome. i'm rick james bitch!

Reminds me of when tool came to sac and played at arco. The tards in the pit kept thowing their shoes at maynard. Whats up with sacramento people and bothering entertainers?

Maynard probably deserved it. He's a fuckin asshole. lol

Anyhow, I think Chappelle had a right to freak out. He has a great show, but damn, it has taken away from the rest of his career.

And oh yeah, Lewis Black is a genious. I saw him in Spokane a couple weeks ago and he ripped the Bush admin a new hole. It was great. Someone in the first row tossed a bag of candy corn on stage too, lol.

i love dave chappelle. he's one of my favorite comedians. i wish i could have seen him when he came to denver.

my best friend was at that show in sac, he was telling me about that... ya, sacramento sucks, thats where i go to college :(

Originally posted by B16@Jun 21 2004, 02:13 PM
my best friend was at that show in sac, he was telling me about that... ya, sacramento sucks, thats where i go to college :(

it only gets worse as you go north, well at least until after yuba/sutter area.

Back