Day light driving lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's the paperwork saying that the car with the VIN listed has been destroyed.
The way that I understood it was that it was never to be insured again, just used for parts. But that damage wasn't even that bad.:g:

The way that I understood it was that it was never to be insured again, just used for parts. But that damage wasn't even that bad.:g:

Doesn't matter. If someone issued a Certificate of Destruction for that car, then good luck registering it. In Canananada it might be different, and I'm by no means an expert, but it looks like you got screwed.

Btw, all hope isn't lost. You might be able to register it. If you can get it registered, you're home-free. But that's assuming that afterwards the insurance company that had the CoD issued doesn't come track you down, and repossess the stolen goods.

I thought there are three states a car can be in.

1) regular car, no damage, perfectally fine
2)salvage car, damage but can be repared
3)certificate of destruction car, has to br crushed

I think the person who inspected it gave it the wrong title. I've seen cars with 10 times the damage with a salvage title on eBay that can be fixed. The guy that fixed it and we hopefully are going to buy it from bought it from an auction in Arizona. They told him it had a salvage title but they gave him the Certificate of Destruction paper. He had never seen something like it before. He got it inspected at a frame shop and its perfectly striaght.

He says it drives striaght and there is nothing wrong with it. I really believe he is not screwing us over. He also said when he removed the fender and bumper to repair the damage underneath the both the frame was untouched. He is getting it inspected again to see if he can get rid of that nasty Certificate of Destruction. So with that letter no one can put insurance on it?

God dammit. It's done, there is nothing anyone can do with that car. Well actually there are 2 things you could do.

1) send it back to Florida (state of origin) get the shit inspected out of it (more than a regular inspection) and maybe, just maybe it can be insured
2) part out the car

Since the guy doesn't want to send it all the way to Florida, which we respect, the guy is going to part it out. He said its no loss because he fixes tons of S2000s and he can always use parts. He felt so very sorry for getting my dads hopes up he told him about another S2K that he has. A 2007, a year newer, with 11,000 miles and its yellow. Since he feels so bad he will give it up for the same price as the blue one. The part that confuses both him and us is this one, the yellow one, had much more damage to it and it had a salvage title and the blue one had much less damage but they still gave it a destruction title. But I guess there must be a reson for it. He's sending pictures soon so I'll keep you guys updated.

Hmmmmmmm....
12488018_4X.jpg
14691508_4X-1.jpg

This is the one he offered us.---------------------------------This is the one with the destruction title.

I don't understand why the blue one got such a bad title. Hell, it would make more sense if the yellow one had that title.

More pictures of the one he offered us:
12488018_1X.jpg

And here it is now:
IMGP2568.jpg

IMGP2577r.jpg

IMGP2569r.jpg

If you look closely at the pictures above the hood line and the bumper lines look gross. I don't know if my dad will go for it, even for a 2007 with 11,000 miles for $16,000. And especally the way the economy is going now.

Last edited:
I dunno without actually looking at it, but it doesn't look like it was that good of a job.

I'd take a few steps back from this seller. He committed a crime by selling you a car that should have been destroyed. If the car crosses state lines, that's a federal crime. If it crosses into Canada, you've got your feds on you too. It's fraud for him to sell it, and I don't think you want to do that.

I don't know how much you have invested in getting a salvage s2000, but I'd look for someone else selling one.

I dunno without actually looking at it, but it doesn't look like it was that good of a job.

I'd take a few steps back from this seller. He committed a crime by selling you a car that should have been destroyed. If the car crosses state lines, that's a federal crime. If it crosses into Canada, you've got your feds on you too. It's fraud for him to sell it, and I don't think you want to do that.

I don't know how much you have invested in getting a salvage s2000, but I'd look for someone else selling one.
Well actually what happened was the deal was pretty much closed and we were going to drive down pick it up and drive it back up this up coming weekend. He started faxing all the papers he had on the car then we noticed the destruction title. We were confused so we went to our insurance company and they told us what it is so we told the guy. He didn't knnow what it was, so he finally figured it out and was very sincere about everything. We didn't pay for anything, so no loss. I honestly believe the guy didn't try to screw us over, really.

I ran a wire from a "keyed on" fuse in my underdash fusebox to a relay under the hood that kills power to the headlights. The relay is in the line that goes to the headlight fuse in the underhood fusebox. I just leave the headlight switch on and the lights (all of them) just go off when I turn the key off. So I have daytime running lights, and I can't possibly leave my lights on and run the battery down. Nope, can't happen.

I ran a wire from a "keyed on" fuse in my underdash fusebox to a relay under the hood that kills power to the headlights. The relay is in the line that goes to the headlight fuse in the underhood fusebox. I just leave the headlight switch on and the lights (all of them) just go off when I turn the key off. So I have daytime running lights, and I can't possibly leave my lights on and run the battery down. Nope, can't happen.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I what thinking.

There might be hope for that yellow car, we'll see what happens in the future. The only problem is our gay ass system of doing this. We have one car insurance company for each province. So ICBC (Insurance Corperation of British Columbia) doesn't want to do anything with salvage cars until they've had a provincal inspection (inspection done in Canada). So we will have to get it shipped up here then get it inspected, then if it passes we can keep the car. If not we have to ship it back down. But if its a regular titled car, no problem. We might even look for cars in Washington because they're closer, and maybe a car without a salvage title.

Last edited:
dude just get a 240..
Honestly, they don't do anything for me, or my dad which this car is for. There is this broker guy we have been talking to and for a fee, probably like $1000 or something, he will get a car up to Canada from the states, get all inspections done and have it ready for us to pick up and drive away. Why go through all that trouble you ask? Well its about $8000 cheaper.
EDIT: And we don't have to go through all that bullshit. I've seen people on the internet that had so much trouble getting a U.S.A. car into Canada it took them 6 months.

Last edited:
Stick with the s2k.
Oh fo sho.

It's really hard getting a salvage title car into Canada so we're looking at clean titles now. We're currently looking at a 2002 Yellow one with 65,000 miles for $14,000 with a clean title in California. We've came so close to buying 3 different S2K's now but they were all salvage titles. My dad won't stop till he gets his car, no other cars really intrest him. His standars include a rear glass window, either black, yellow or blue (darker blue not the lighter one) and under 80,000 miles. This one looks promising: Cars.com: 2002 Honda S2000

It says in the description that it was in an accident. I would ask for a little longer test drive than usuall and put her through the paces.... city street/twisities/interstate. By interstate I mean 90-110 mph if possible. Don't get a ticket but you will learn alot from the cars past.

It was in an accident but only a minor accident. So it doesn't have a salvage title. The guy scraped something at a parking lot not even going 5mph so its nothing. He sent it over to the nearest dealer and the results are in: 235 PSI in each cylinder, normal use overall, three small rock chips on front bumper, and the bad part is small tear on the top.

I know I've said this before but I think this is the one. The guy is a dealer so he knows what he's doing. He sent us all papers on the car, picture of the vin decal and I don't know what to call it but I guess transfer papers or bill of sale papers. Its a big long sheet with a few layers to it.

Ok this one is done. My dad has paid in full, all paperwork done. He Fed-Exed us a shit load of paperwork and we sent it back. He is a dealer in Roseville California. We requested an independent check over at the nearet dealer and he did so. As I said before 135 PSI in each cylinder, needs new spark plugs appearently, the rip in the top is about the size of a pea and a half according to the inspector and it does not leak.

So on the 23rd we are driving down in the Accord and from roseville we are taking the S2K and the Accord and one of the guys associates to Reno so we won't have to pay the Cali tax.
Here are some pics: Vehicle Photo: 2002 Honda S2000

Edit: We also got a Carfax on it and its perfect.

Edit again: It has 235 PSI in each cylinder not 135.

Last edited:
Back