del sol supra conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmm.... ladies and gentelmen i have an announcement to make.

I the king of conversion haters have found one that i like. the EG lights look really good on a Sol. there is just something about the stock lights that i never really liked.

HOWEVER. if i was to see a Sol with supra headlights, i would have to do one of 3 things, or maybe all of them

1. Pee on said car.

or

2. Ask him how his SR20 with a T66 turbo and NNAAWWZZ, and a MoTeC system exhaust are working out, and proceed to call him ghey, and smoke him, since im sure he spent all his money trying to make his car look like a wayy nicer car that he forgot to spend money on things that actually help his car to you know...not be ghey.

or

3. if it was parked, i would go buy some decals, like a windsheild banner that said TRD, and some Indiglow Toyota logos, and several other Toyota parts, wait for the guy, follow him to his house, and come back in the middle of the night, and install all the parts. and then take pictures in the moring of his reaction.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Apr 21 2004, 08:44 PM

3. if it was parked, i would go buy some decals, like a windsheild banner that said TRD, and some Indiglow Toyota logos, and several other Toyota parts, wait for the guy, follow him to his house, and come back in the middle of the night, and install all the parts. and then take pictures in the moring of his reaction.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: awesome.

i think the supra conversion looks like shit on that car as the headlights are almost as big as the wheels.

damn, i love the EG lights on the sol. That supra shit looks like ass though.

I always hated the headlights on the sol, but i love the rest of the car, so i guess to me the solution would be the EG lights.

I would stay away from that supra crap though, cause unless you swap in a 2JZ and make that bitch RWD, it isnt a mini supra, its just another ugly ass ricer honda

you all have very good points and I appreciate all the input but I think those of you who made mention of spending the $$$ on performance mods would be the ones I have to thank money is better spent IMO on performance and speed I thought it might be fun to add a different look but I think Ill stick to power mods
and maybe a set of jdm one piece sol lights
thanks all
oUt

im in the middle of doing both a supra headlight and tailight conversion believe me thease look great on a sol you need the headlights, wiring harness, and bulbs. also the fenders need to be reshaped along with the bumper and hood the rebar needs to be lowered and custom headlight brackets need to be fabricated to hold the lamps in place. also some of the inner rad support needs to be chopped up to fit the larger lamp.

Originally posted by stryder@May 2 2004, 02:12 AM
im in the middle of doing both a supra headlight and tailight conversion believe me thease look great on a sol you need the headlights, wiring harness, and bulbs. also the fenders need to be reshaped along with the bumper and hood the rebar needs to be lowered and custom headlight brackets need to be fabricated to hold the lamps in place. also some of the inner rad support needs to be chopped up to fit the larger lamp.

erijgiopueasrht9e8h9t68h4568y49yhrekltjhnrdkljgndkfjghdrfioughadriothe5r

LEAVE THE CAR ALONE!

TOYOTA != HONDA.

Jesus tap dancing Christ, I am going to shoot a ricer in the face I am so pissed.

Originally posted by Havok+May 2 2004, 03:16 PM-->
@May 2 2004, 02:12 AM

erijgiopueasrht9e8h9t68h4568y49yhrekltjhnrdkljgndkfjghdrfioughadriothe5r

LEAVE THE CAR ALONE!

TOYOTA != HONDA.

Jesus tap dancing Christ, I am going to shoot a ricer in the face I am so pissed.

Why are you getting so upset. some people enjoy having a look thats different. a headlght conversion may not be your thing but then again i didnt ask for your oppinoin i was just trying to answer someones question.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@May 2 2004, 01:13 PM
the only light conversion on the del sol I like are the s2000 tail lights.

Please post a pic. I have never liked the delsol, until I saw that one with the eg headlights on it. I'm even more interested in the S2000 headlights now.

edit: whoops, I thought you said s2000 headlights, not taillights. Well post some taillight pics if you gottem.

Originally posted by MikeBergy+May 2 2004, 10:31 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@May 2 2004, 01:13 PM
the only light conversion on the del sol I like are the s2000 tail lights.

Please post a pic. I have never liked the delsol, until I saw that one with the eg headlights on it. I'm even more interested in the S2000 headlights now.

edit: whoops, I thought you said s2000 headlights, not taillights. Well post some taillight pics if you gottem.

i love it, i would do EG headlights and S2k tails on a Del Sol.

ill try and find some pics now.

how bout this :ghey:
Del%20Sol%20Green%201.jpg

Del Sol lights belong on a del sol. This is why I hate the import scene.

Del sols were always a little too squat for me. The headlights and taillights overaccent the car's already round look. It just never worked for me. I like the low profile appearance of the 2nd gen integra's, and that's why I have one. I wouldn't think of putting any other car's tail or headlights on it, except the r33 skyline tails, just cuz I haven't seen one yet. Anyway, the eg headlights on the del sol make the car look a little lower profile. I'd buy a del sol if it looked like the one w/ the eg headlights. Otherwise its a little too bulby for me, just mu opinion. The supra headlights make it look awful. Makes it look more insect like if you ask me. At that point, I'm expecting wings to pop out of the sides, and fly away.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@May 2 2004, 09:05 PM
how bout this :ghey:
Del%20Sol%20Green%201.jpg

The shave tails are cool, just leave the supra tails off, and it would've looked 100% better.

f2_1.JPG

2e_1.JPG

Delso w/sk2 tails., somehow this tool would have you believe that a real appraisal company appraised a modded 95 Del Sol for over $12,000 BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Well, ya see, my uncle works at an insurance company as the janitor, and this guy that stopped in one time said his brother, that works for the apraiser taking notes and getting coffee said it was worth about that, so...."

mmmm.......that looks better than stock.

there was a tight S2K sol in SCC a year or so ago, and it was a really nice job.

and the first time you get on a car like that or take it around an autocross or road track and get a little chassis twist going, all that bonda is going to crack and fall off

Back