DirecWay

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
Well, I recently moved from Long Island to King George, Virginia. It's a nice place, however there is no cable or DSL available within 50 miles (sigh). Anyways, my pops was planning on getting Satelite, and I figured why not get 2 for 1.

DirecWay is a two-way broadband by satellite and looks pretty decent.

I was just wondering if anyone has this or has had experience using it?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I gotta get rid of this 56gay!!

I was going to go with them because I was thinking the same thing...kill 2 birds with one stone (get sat tv and direcway) but their prices were too steep. I believe there is like a monthly fee of $100...Sorry, that's all the info I have on them...

~joe

Damn, $100. Well is that for both net and satelite tv? Or just one or the other.

I talked to some guy at best buy and he said the same thing, but didn't clearly answer me question stated above.

He also said after 1 year of service, the $100 drops down to $55.

King Geroge blah sorry bud thats like 90 mins south of me if you get in 301 and head north into maryland if you stay on that you will sooner or later get to whiteplains maryland where http://www.atlanticcycle.com/ is

tempest racing is also just north of them =) tempest racing.com

No shit. We should get together some time and go cruising man :p

Of course, until you get that damn rear tire!

BTW- what net service do you have?

My rear tire has like 200 miles on it now =)

put it on wed

Im with www.comcast.net I doubt they are down there king george kinda um well sucks =)

I drove down there once for a girl and man I wish I never did that talk about a waste of time

if your looking to do anything big with your car other then looks give tempest a call they also have a dyno

note the custom manifold all custom made ON the car just like my exhaust =) hehe

2432.jpg

2435.jpg

:drool:

I am in love with your car man.

That's some impressive custom work there.

What do you put down on the dyno?

As for your new tire, I bet your lovin' it, eh? :D

that was not my car lol just another prelude they did
as far as my bike tire yeah it sucked I was not able to ride my bike for like 3 days talk about life sucking blah

my car put down 253WHP at 11PSI with timing cut way back since I only have 440cc injectors tempest said looking at the dyno chart with the same PSI and adding the timing in "with fuel" it should be around 320WHP but if I have added fuel why not turn up the boost =) so more like 350WHP or if Im cocky and some one pisses me off more like 400-450WHP all up to what I want in the end right now Im aiming for 350WHP but want to buy another car first for an everyday driver

s3f1f58a701e98.jpg

s3dfd091f512d2.jpg

s3de082c37bf54.jpg

s3df2987e21a04.jpg

note how the power kinda drops at 4000RPM due to the timing being cut out

then again look how much torque my 1.6 makes at 4K =) people who say B16s have no torque can suck my Avatar =) hehehe

I thought that the engine bay looked pretty different. :unsure: :)

Thats a pretty nice jump from 253 to 320 just for fuel and injectors. That's more torque on a B16 than i've ever seen. :thumbsup:

I hear ya, you should bump the psi up to like 14 or 15, but don't get too boost happy. :p

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 26 2003, 01:04 AM
s3df2987e21a04.jpg

note how the power kinda drops at 4000RPM due to the timing being cut out

then again look how much torque my 1.6 makes at 4K =) people who say B16s have no torque can suck my Avatar =) hehehe

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the dreaded vtec dip :(

you might want to have your car tuned a little bit more aggressive around the 5500 to 6500 range to avoid the dip when vtec kicks in, or get some turbo vtec cams :)

edit: also was this a 3rd or 4th gear pull?

"quote"also was this a 3rd or 4th gear pull? "quote"

good question I believe it was a 4th gear pull but I colud be wrong Jason the owner of Tempest was driving it

and as far as the dip goes I don't with out having timing added
remember the higher the rpms go the more timing gets removed to be on the safe side

"devit quote" I hear ya, you should bump the psi up to like 14 or 15, but don't get too boost happy."quote"

If I did that even having a built motor "sleeved, pistons, rods, headwork, it would blow up with out added fuel
with 720CC injectors VS my now 440cc injectors I could take it up to 14-15PSI and put down a good bit more then 320WHP =) maybe more like the 350 I want to be at

I really want to see the change in torque #s with only adding the timing I think it would make really sick torque after 4K =)

Back