District 9

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

^ now you made the movie sound like independence day . . . . its nothing like that.

Movie is politically driven and takes aim at things like segregation, apartheid, and the rights of sentient beings.

I liked the movie a lot.

It was realistic to how humans would act under those circumstances and also had hints of jewish concentration camps to a point. Not that I give 2 shits about jewish concentration camps. I agree with Cash at least that was my take from the movie.

But the movie had some pretty badass stuff in it too.

I saw it through 'other' means. I plan on seeing it in theaters here soon. It was a great movie, the cinematography was amazing and for a 30 million dollar film it just looked amazing. The Hangover cost 35 mil to make to put it into perspective.

i liked the movie a lot.

It was realistic to how humans would act under those circumstances and also had hints of jewish concentration camps to a point. Not that i give 2 shits about jewish concentration camps. I agree with cash at least that was my take from the movie.

But the movie had some pretty badass stuff in it too.

Does no one know anything about Apartheid???

Last edited:
Does no one know anything about Apartheid???
Apparently not. It's definitely about Apartheid since the director, cast, and everything is from South Africa. Actually, I heard that some of the interviews from the movie, and all of the interviews in his short films that this was based on were real interviews about Nigerian and Zimbabwean immigrants.

I heard that some of the interviews from the movie, and all of the interviews in his short films that this was based on were real interviews about Nigerian and Zimbabwean immigrants.

See. The more truth we stuff into our alien fantasy movies, the more we like em. Good job D9.

The shanty town they used in the movie was a real shanty town that was still in the process of actually relocating its population in exactly the way the movie moved the aliens. All the houses were actually lived in and the people evicted from them, sometimes hours before filming aliens living in them and being evicted from them.

12/22 it comes out on bluray and dvd, I can't wait!

Back