DIY: My $50 paint job

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yes, i rolled it on.. i'll take a pic of all the supplies and put it in the first post when i'm done

yes, i rolled it on.. i'll take a pic of all the supplies and put it in the first post when i'm done

When your done ??? What did you use to roll it on with , list of supplies would be great... I am almost tempted to start tomorrow.

nope, haven't sanded shit yet.. thats the great thing about primer white .. i'll wet sand when i get around to.. i'll probably wait a week or so after i finish the bumper and fenders so it'll be nice and dry

as for items needed..
read this, its what i used.. but i'm only doing primer for now.. i'll paint it in like a month or so w/ the gloss white
50 Dollar Paint

Last edited:
It really does look nice. :thumbsup: Hard to believe that's just rolled on primer, actually.

Hmmm...now you've really got me thinking too. Flat-black, FTW!

You know, I'm diggin' the body matched door handles. Do they really look that good up close?

Don't know if you'll think this is funny or not, but I actually had a dream last night about how crappy they looked up close.

they arent too bad.. its just its hard to a paint behind the actual handle part with a roller.. i didnt buy any touchup brushes

i'll be replacing them anyways so i really dont care what they look like .. haha.. it looks better than its looked in years

i talked to my buddy who was originally gonna paint my car and he still wants to do it.. so no more rolling for me.. :D .. i'm still gonna use the Rustoleum gloss white... but its getting sprayed on instead w/ a paint gun.. .. doing this next weekend..

looks like i'll be wet sanding the car this week..

i think i'm kinda :( for the thread but :thumbsup: for you getting it sprayed. anyone else gonna follow it through on their car?

its basically the same process... instead of rolling, its sprayed, the prep work is the same.. but much easier on my arms since i have to sand just a little bit less since i wont have high and low spots from rolling..

i think i'm kinda :( for the thread but :thumbsup: for you getting it sprayed. anyone else gonna follow it through on their car?
It's on the end of my build list. Swapping the tranny and motor then boosting come before paint since it looks fine the way it is. I just would rather black or a dark gray.

I'm considering it on my integra.. it needs paint.

I know they call it a $50 paint job, but I'd like to know what it costs in sand paper.. I'd be willing to bet its around $50 itself...

Well, y'know....it's still gonna' be cheaper...& I'm not so sure that spraying requires any less sanding really....

Depends, you're supposed to roll it on super thin so that the roller doesn't leave any texture, but if you don't, then the rolling will require a lot more sanding.

Back