1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

do dohc zc vtec's exist?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Rex-a-tronLovagurl333, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rex-a-tronLovagurl333

Rex-a-tronLovagurl333 New Member

i have heard different stories on weather or not dohc zc's come with vtec.. if so, how much hp do you think its pushing? i want to put one in my 91 crx si, but if they dont make them how hard would it be to make it vtech?

2. mesodum

mesodum New Member

I two have herad of a dohc zc vtec but has never seen one, with the right mechanic anything is possible, but finding parts if there are any will be time comsuming and a waste of time if you plan on racing it. If boosting were on your mind, I was told non vtec engines handle boost better than vtec engines, but get an second opinion before you make a final decision

In my honest opinion dohc zc vtec dose not exist, if someone say it dose make them prove it.

3. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

They do/did exist but it was a very rare engine only available in Japan.. so technically yes, but no you probably will never find one.

As far as boost is concerned it matters not if it is VTEC or non, it's just easier to mess up with a VTEC engine because of the higher compression. Bad tuning makes a much bigger difference when you're running higher compression, and it is easier to break your engine.

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

there were no DOHC ZC VTEC engines anywhere - all DOHC ZC engines are JDM

5. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

My bad I was thinking of ZCG which was a B16a

6. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

there was also the 85 i think to 89 integra that had a version of the DOHC ZC. Keeps you in the D series, D16A1.
    Just be sure to research everything before you start getting parts.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  7. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

The D16A1 is similar to the ZC...they are NOT the same exact motor. They have vast differences from each other.

8. mesodum

mesodum New Member

??? You just did a repeat of what I said ???:confused: Is this the Twlight Zone!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.