Dont pump gas on may 15 !!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If gas gets over $3 for 87 over here; my next ride:
05_Zuma_blu_3_3528.jpg

well gas(87) around here is about $2.95 per gallon...i think im gonna get a hybrid car(honda),,,but does anyone how to modify those cars??? and get over 40 miles a hour??? or ima swap an echo's(toyota) engine in mah hybrid car...

well gas(87) around here is about $2.95 per gallon...i think im gonna get a hybrid car(honda),,,but does anyone how to modify those cars??? and get over 40 miles a hour??? or ima swap an echo's(toyota) engine in mah hybrid car...

WTF???

i had an insight
i got it up to 113mph on several occasions
i raced a bunch of the riced out civics in town that would rev on me and beat most of them
i autocrossed it a few times and did pretty well with it
i out did a ton of cars on twisty back roads

no need to swap shit
my only complaint is that there is no suspension or brake upgrades available for it

if they werent so overpriced right now i would have grabbed another when i crashed mine :(

WTF???

i had an insight
i got it up to 113mph on several occasions
i raced a bunch of the riced out civics in town that would rev on me and beat most of them
i autocrossed it a few times and did pretty well with it
i out did a ton of cars on twisty back roads

no need to swap shit
my only complaint is that there is no suspension or brake upgrades available for it

if they werent so overpriced right now i would have grabbed another when i crashed mine :(

I think he meant 40 miles per gallon...

there are a lot of hills around me and i did a lot of city driving i was still getting around 55mpg
when i first bought it and was doing a lot of highway driving it was getting 65+mpg regularly
my best tank was 73.2mpg

im warmer areas and less hilly areas ive seen several people getting 70-80mpg regularly
a few years ago there were a few people on the insight board i was on seeing who could clear a tank averaging 110+mpg first

40mpg is nothing to strive for in a hybrid

If I where to get a hybrid the only mods I would be making is stuff to increase gas millage.

If you want to protest gas prices, or help try to bring them down that is the wrong way to do it. As already stated, everyone needs gas, the best way to do it, is for everyone to boycot a specific company, for instance, nobody buy Mobile for a month. If everyone did that, it would hit them WAY harder than if nobody bought gas on one day., Quite frankly, everyone on this board, and pretty much every Honda board, and everyone they knew, and everyone they knew didn't buy gas on one day....no one would even notice.

92b16vx is right. not buying gas on one day doesnt do shit, when i was manager of a murphys usa station we had people doing that. they would come up and buy cigs and tell me that nobody is going to buy gas today, i just laughed and told them to come back at closing time and i would show them the days profit and yesterdays profit, there was no difference. people still showed up and bought gas. the idea to boycott the larger oil companies is a valid one. instead of filling up at a shell station get gas at a smaller, less known gas station. by boycotting the larger companies and buying from the smaller you force the larger companies to lower their prices. but its all a huge waste of time because the people of america are to lazy to drive the extra block to the mom and pop gas station one block away from the corporate station or the mom and pop station you cant pay at the pump or some other random bit of complete and total laziness. fuck it, let it die, no one will do anything about it they will just complain and bitch and moan about how much it sucks to be them when overseas they are paying double or triple the amount we are.

The problem is that the middle class frankly can still afford it. Gas could go to $10 a gallon and people (people in general, certainly not me, heh) would still be able to pay it... Most folks would have to rearrange their budgets a little, a few dollars less in expendable income every week, but until the middle class literally can't afford to pay gas prices, they're going to keep climbing.

Last edited:
That's kinda ridiculous.

On the other hand, 200 miles on the Ninja, 3.2 gallons of gas to filler up.

If Clayton filled up all of his cars the night of the 14th, and then switched cars throughout the day on the 15th, he could make it to 8:00 pm that night.

Gas just went up to like 2.859 over here(87; last week's fill up was 2.759/gal)....Looks like I'm getting closer to getting a Moped :(

It's still worth it for me to drive to North Carolina for cigarettes :)

Especially with the bike :)

Back