dont steal my car!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what draw back is there for a tuner? on the ravelcos website they claim the have never had one of theyre systems bypassed. and never had a car stolen due to the bypassing of theyre system
Having it worked into the entire system, I would imagine it would create problems with swapping motors and such. Especially the way a great deal on tuners "make things work".

Ravelco's only flaw is that it is intertwined into the whole system. Well not really a flaw, but a drawback to tuners. If you have their system, you don't need kill switches. Their system is the ultimate kill switch. Add some wheel locks to the equation and I'd say you're as safe as you're going to be.

lol yup just get some $25 ravelco from ebay $5 wheel locks and you're straight

#1 priority should be getting good insurance. it's not too much with those cars.

i would also get a pager alarm, kill switch, boot, and if you are really worried, disconnect a couple harness points in the engine bay.

yeah, it will take 5 or 10 minutes to set up every time, but if you are staying at a friends house overnight, it's worth it.

and the 1 effin' time you don't do everything is the 1 time it gets stolen. happens all the time.

If you have an alarm system properly installed, with a starter disable, and the thief is determined enough to get into the car, disable the alarm, and bypass that starter disable, he is going to take your car pretty much no matter what you do to it.

Tow truck, nuff said. Little things might stop the would be thief, but if they want it they will get it.

#1 priority should be getting good insurance. it's not too much with those cars.

i would also get a pager alarm, kill switch, boot, and if you are really worried, disconnect a couple harness points in the engine bay...and the 1 effin' time you don't do everything is the 1 time it gets stolen. happens all the time.

when i think about how i'd know 100% that my car would not be stolen..here's what i picture:
  • 4 sturdier-than-shit U bolts secured to a solid foundation, then poor the concrete slab of my driveway/carport/garage.
  • 4 security chains that can't be bolt cut by hand or sawn (example: Squire Ex-Caliber 16mm Chain SS50 Padlock) and obviously the intent is to lock each axle of my car to the damned ground in whatever way makes it a complete pain in the ass to try and undo. if a thief wants to take the wheels and hubs out to get my car, by then the cops should be on site.
  • a paging alarm, a kill switch, and video surveillance that records my parking spot in weekly batches.
  • a fucking shotgun and a work-at-home job, food delivered by schwan's, and a lifetime supply of no-doze.
  • comprehensive ins. policy.
i've got one thing on that list accomplished, to date. but you never know when i might get another 2-3 of 'em done..
^_^

Alarms: Break a window, pop the hood, cut the battery cable. No one is wiser or gives a shit because alarms go off all the fucking time.

The alarm is toast. It'll cry for the 8 seconds it takes the thief to do said actions. Even if you have a battery backup alarm, the thief can still yank the wires to the siren.

Then you have those big ass wheel clamps. Not only is that a total pain in the ass, but a flatbed with a winch is still going to drag your car up onto it without breaking a sweat. Same with a steering wheel lock, or a removable steering wheel, or the club, or any of that shit.

If they really want it, they will take it. And there is nothing you can do about it. Just be smart, do have an alarm to deter the wannabe's and amateurs, and carry good insurance so you can get your car replaced when it draws the attention of the pros.

There is no real way, someone repo man could be looking out for a nice car for his kid, back up swipe ya shit and take it away and strip it, seen it happen a few times.... wheel locks didnt really help... but I agree with the Page alarm, also a GPS or tracking system for your car is also nice, just dont let anyone know u have it... just an idea ther

Taking every precaution to prevent getting a Honda from being stolen would cost more than the Honda. The best way to prevent it is to have it in a garage, with a lock on the door. And it's still not 100%

Back