DROPZONE Shocks/Struts/Coilovers any good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

N/A b18c1

Mysterious
I got a 93 SI HB. Wondering if these are decent if anyone has spend their money on?

what are you looking to get out of your suspension?
how much are you willing to spend?
what will you be using the car for?

give us some info and we can suggest quality products that will fit your budget (within reason)

My budget ranges from $400-$500
It's a daily driven car
Just basic looks is what I'm aiming for...but I don't want to feel every pot hole/bump.

Tell me more about these KYB AGX. One thing I know of these is they are adjustable dampings. The other that concerns me is, do I have to use my OEM top mounts? What coilovers do you guys suggest with adjustable 0-4" drop instead of just basic H&R or Eibach spring drop?

Last edited:
i dont suggest adjustable coils for daily driving use
they have their place and benefits... but for regular road use lowing springs will be better

coilovers are harsh and bouncy .. with a sport spring you still have somewhat of a smooth ride, just lower and a little than stock.. but not too stiff

Tell me more about these KYB AGX. One thing I know of these is they are adjustable dampings. The other that concerns me is, do I have to use my OEM top mounts? What coilovers do you guys suggest with adjustable 0-4" drop instead of just basic H&R or Eibach spring drop?

Yes, you use your OEM top mounts. To make things easier you might want to just buy a new set, that way you won't even have to disassemble the factory shock/spring assemblies. They're not that expensive.

I wouldn't really suggest buying any coil-overs that don't have built-in shock absorbers. If you're not willing to spend the money to buy a decent set of full coil-overs ($800+ dollars) then just buy a good name brand set of springs and adjustable shocks. Like I said, just buy new top plates, remove the old shock/spring assemblies and keep them, and then just swap them out for winter or whatever...

i had ebaich reds and koni blue's on my 4door da but i dd it was good ride no too stiff but u still felt a few bumps

Seems everyone is throwing me towards brand names. What's good with my budget? Remember I'm just going for looks, not performance wise. What's the bad with DropZones that I should at least know?

So if I buy these KYB AGX and H&R springs. What do I have to use/do to make them work? I know Top Mount..Is dust cover recommanded? What about the bushing that sits on the strut?

Seems everyone is throwing me towards brand names. What's good with my budget? Remember I'm just going for looks, not performance wise. What's the bad with DropZones that I should at least know?

shit quality overall

and while i understand that you are more interested in appearance than performance, you need to keep in mind that shitty suspension is a major safety hazard, i have no problem with people wanting good looks for a relatively inexpensive price... actually if people are not interested in racing i actually recommend staying with a low cost quality set up
but i can not recommend getting "cheap" suspension... i dont want it on my conscience when a strut breaks and snaps off of a control arm in the middle of a 45mph corner sending you into the woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back