Dyno results in!

?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Calesta, I am doing 2 B16A projects right now. Going for the highest WHP b16A motor in history using the B16A crank, not stroked. It should give you a match!

And I think alot of people will be on the B16A bandwagon, like I am, when they see the 1.6 liter, stock bore, 120 shot NOS setup we are involved in that is sick and will probably run 11.50's in the CRX its going in.

B16s for everyone!

Good thing, well I should say, the GREAT, FREAKING GREAT thing about a B16A is that is LAUNCHES like a MAD dog with hardly any wheelspin in first gear while all the 2 liter crowd is spinning. Nice motor.

calesta, much props for you even going with me on the pistons. You have alot of choices, I am honored.

Jeff

Originally posted by nismogod+Jun 4 2004, 12:11 AM-->
no replacement for displacement. lol. like a V8 kid. o i hope. suggestions via PM are welcome.

Yup. More displacement = more torque = more power. Gotta have the cubes...

Import Builders
@Jun 4 2004, 12:17 AM
Calesta, I am doing 2 B16A projects right now. Going for the highest WHP b16A motor in history using the B16A crank, not stroked. It should give you a match!

And I think alot of people will be on the B16A bandwagon, like I am, when they see the 1.6 liter, stock bore, 120 shot NOS setup we are involved in that is sick and will probably run 11.50's in the CRX its going in.

B16s for everyone!

I definitely want to see that engine when it's done! I just wonder how high you'll have to spin...

Good thing, well I should say, the GREAT, FREAKING GREAT thing about a B16A is that is LAUNCHES like a MAD dog with hardly any wheelspin in first gear while all the 2 liter crowd is spinning. Nice motor.

I don't get any wheelspin at all in 1st until about 7500rpm. Grip is good. Then again, I don't really care all that much about drag racing, so wheelspin on launch isn't much of an issue for me.

calesta, much props for you even going with me on the pistons. You have alot of choices, I am honored.

Jeff

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've been very pleased so far with your pistons!

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 2 2004, 04:23 PM
Here it is...

IB Spec pistons with Swain Technology coatings
IB Spec lightweight rods
85.5mm x 89mm (2044cc)
Skunk2 cam gears

Shorty intake with K&N filter
DC JDM 4-1 ceramic coated header
Carsound 2.5" cat
Greddy Evolution exhaust

Bone stock head except for cam gears, tuned with Hondata (still off some, ran out of time and we were tired as hell), through the cat and on pump gas.

As far as I've seen, this is the highest level of torque anyone's put down with a stock B16 head all motor on pump gas. You can see where the cams top out abruptly at 7000rpm. You can definitely see it on the wideband when the head stops breathing and the mixture starts to run rich.

dyno_civic_gsr2.jpg

Now I just need to pay off my debts, then get some cash for a good port/polish job, cams and valvetrain...

More details later, along with a comparison graph between this setup and my previous two builds...

Awesome # for a b16 with stock cams and Head... My B18c with a stock bottom end and stock head(but skunk2 stage2 cams) only made 2 more HP and about 23 less lbs/ft

Uh...his motor is a bored and sleeved b18c block with a stock b16a head. Not a b16a block.

Originally posted by Relix+Jun 4 2004, 03:41 AM-->
Awesome # for a b16 with stock cams and Head... My B18c with a stock bottom end and stock head(but skunk2 stage2 cams) only made 2 more HP and about 23 less lbs/ft

:blink:

I'd love to see any naturally aspirated B16 make torque like that. Skunk2 Stage2 cams are also a huge improvement compared to stock.

MikeBergy
@Jun 4 2004, 04:44 AM
Uh...his motor is a bored and sleeved b18c block with a stock b16a head. Not a b16a block.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Jun 4 2004, 11:28 AM
you give me new aspirations. :eek:

I will probably make it, just at a much higher rpm. :p

Sure- show me the torque! I really don't think a pump gas all motor B16 can make torque numbers like that.

I do. Especially a big-bore B16 like yours Calesta. 160ft/lbs of torque is entirely possible with the extra displacement.

165 ft/lbs from a 1.6L motor - not on pump gas.

Originally posted by radnulb@Jun 4 2004, 03:22 PM
I do. Especially a big-bore B16 like yours Calesta. 160ft/lbs of torque is entirely possible with the extra displacement.

165 ft/lbs from a 1.6L motor - not on pump gas.

Well, then that would be both a non-B16 and not pump gas, wouldn't it? :p :lol:

I meant specifically B16 in stock displacement. That's the setup that MikeBergy is going for. If you go larger, or course you'll get more torque- and race gas will allow you to run compressions that will produce even more. There's no comparison. Mine isn't a B16 anyway.

I still want to see a stock dimension B16 make that kind of torque on pump gas. :)

i'm half tempted to build a b16 if dissapointed in my h22. lol. odd, not enough power? step back to the 1.6L lol.

I meant specifically B16 in stock displacement. That's the setup that MikeBergy is going for. If you go larger, or course you'll get more torque- and race gas will allow you to run compressions that will produce even more. There's no comparison. Mine isn't a B16 anyway.

Actually Mike, I am boring and sleeving my b16 to 85 mm, for a total displacement of 1.75 liters, at least, that has been my plan. Keeping the stock stroke for rev-purposes though. I think you are confusing my plans with that 200whp b16 on the RM link I aimed you that one day. Now I really want to get that motor done. Then a texas road trip !!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeee! i wanna build. can someone give me a job doin it all day? lol.

the RM b16a didn't make 200 WHP, it made like 19x. It did on the dynapack, that reads 9% higher.

200 WHP is pretty hard on all honda parts bottom end.

Jeff

Originally posted by nismogod@Jun 4 2004, 11:35 PM

No, but Jeff (Import Builders) and I can sell you the parts you need.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jun 4 2004, 04:03 PM
The larger the better. :) Remember, mine's a 2.05 liter, not a 1.6.

Come on Calesta your sig says 2.044 :p

Originally posted by MikeBergy+Jun 4 2004, 05:12 PM-->
Actually Mike, I am boring and sleeving my b16 to 85 mm, for a total displacement of 1.75 liters, at least, that has been my plan. Keeping the stock stroke for rev-purposes though. I think you are confusing my plans with that 200whp b16 on the RM link I aimed you that one day. Now I really want to get that motor done. Then a texas road trip !!!!

That's right, I forgot. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by nismogod@Jun 4 2004, 11:35 PM

Sure, I'll give you $0.50 an hour to build houses out of playing cards.

Originally posted by Import Builders@Jun 5 2004, 03:20 AM
the RM b16a didn't make 200 WHP, it made like 19x. It did on the dynapack, that reads 9% higher.

200 WHP is pretty hard on all honda parts bottom end.

I thought the Dynapack read lower than the Dynojet? You're talking about the stock Honda bottom end, right? The crank can handle more than 200whp easy, and once you replace the rods and pistons and size the bearings correctly, there shouldn't be much of a problem anymore, right?

driverunknown
@Jun 5 2004, 03:43 AM
Come on Calesta your sig says 2.044 

Whatever...

i will take that offer of $0.50 to build card houses. when do i start boss? lol

spoda, i'm gonna pm you with some questions.

Back