Ebay transaction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You canadians spell things funny.

I can't think of anything else you could do, really.

Get his contact information and notify the authorities?

I'm sure the border will screw things up alot.. Hope everything goes ok for you.

You have to watch it on ebay. I do alot of business there. Its a great place. But, I play detective before I buy anything. I always go through the feedback and read them. Always expect the worst. And never spend $1200 bucks with a seller that only has 12 feedbacks! I don't care if its perfect feedback. Just my 2c.

Good luck contacting Paypal. Last time I tried to call them, it was a long-distance number, and I sat on hold for like an hour and a half. Seriously. And you get fucked with whoever your phone provider is, because paypal isn't open at night or on the weekend, so you HAVE to call them during peak hours. And sit on hold. And then, when you finally get them on the phone, they don't do shit for you. You pretty much don't get anything more than you could get by clicking on 'help' or whatever.

www.paypalsucks.com

ya I figured........ so I sent them an email and pretty much TOLD them what I was doing....not asking them what to do. I told them I pulled funds and the transaction will come up NSF. They can shut down my account if they want.....it's worth a grand to me.

Battepope....what do I spell funny?? lol. or what did I spell wrong?

that, and using s instead of z, that kind of thing. Just differences from canadian english to american english.

paypal has a 1-800 number and its open till 1am est during the week.

most i've waited was 15 min.

when the guy says he can't help you, insist on speaking with a supervisor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 22 2005, 12:13 PM
paypal has a 1-800 number and its open till 1am est during the week.

Where?

paypal1iv.jpg

Well, as I'm waiting for Paypal and ebay to get back to me, I went to the bank and asked them to do a stop payment. They said no because it was through ebay, therefore they're not responsible....well fine. I transferred everything off of my VISA except $100, and moved it to my account, then withdrew everything in my account (on top of what I've already taken out), except $100. So now there is no way this guy can access anything. (Forgot my VISA was my backup funding in paypal). So now I have an envelope in front of me with like $5000....right here where I can see it. I'll pay everything cash in the meantime, until this gets delt with.

And I dont think I spell things funny...I think I'm just spelling it wrong :lol:

Originally posted by adnoh@Aug 22 2005, 10:40 AM
Well, as I'm waiting for Paypal and ebay to get back to me, I went to the bank and asked them to do a stop payment. They said no because it was through ebay, therefore they're not responsible....well fine. I transferred everything off of my VISA except $100, and moved it to my account, then withdrew everything in my account (on top of what I've already taken out), except $100. So now there is no way this guy can access anything. (Forgot my VISA was my backup funding in paypal). So now I have an envelope in front of me with like $5000....right here where I can see it. I'll pay everything cash in the meantime, until this gets delt with.

And I dont think I spell things funny...I think I'm just spelling it wrong :lol:
[post=543557]Quoted post[/post]​

So what's your address again? ;)

Originally posted by Battle Pope+Aug 22 2005, 12:47 PM-->
@Aug 22 2005, 10:40 AM
Well, as I'm waiting for Paypal and ebay to get back to me, I went to the bank and asked them to do a stop payment.  They said no because it was through ebay, therefore they're not responsible....well fine.  I transferred everything off of my VISA except $100, and moved it to my account, then withdrew everything in my account (on top of what I've already taken out), except $100.  So now there is no way this guy can access anything. (Forgot my VISA was my backup funding in paypal).  So now I have an envelope in front of me with like $5000....right here where I can see it.  I'll pay everything cash in the meantime, until this gets delt with.

[post=543557]Quoted post[/post]​

So what's your address again? ;)
[post=543563]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: ya, now watch me get mugged on the way home!

So I come home and find this email:

hey again Ryan, well I a picture saved on my pc, i lent my camera out to my
cousin and have yet to hear back from him, i've got a pic of the ports on
the back as you wanted, seeing how I have dial up it'll take forever for me
to send it to you so i cropped it down so it's easier to send, when I get
the camera back i'll take more pictures, by the way, it looks a little
blurry because i lowered the quality of the picture but at least it's only
15kb :)

and this is the lame-ass picture he sends me:
gallery_31005_76_11853.jpg

And since when does an apple powerbook G4 come with a VGA port? :lol:

Busted. Fucking idiot.

So I write to him:

Hey there buddy,

well, not to put a damper on things, but I have made my decision to end this transaction as of now. For a few reasons. Lets go through them shall we?

1) The picture you provided is NOT of a 17" powerbook G4 at all. The ports on a powerbook G4 are on the side of the unit, not on the back, and the powerbook G4 also does not have a VGA monitor adaptor either, apple ditched that technology about ten years ago, replaced it with ADC, then recently moved to DVI on ALL of their laptops, including the ibook.

2) You are not who you say you are. Thats why your previously sold items were located in Florida, USA, and now all of a sudden in Canada. What, did you move? lol. I don't think so.

3) All the buyers you have sold to are 1-time buyers, most likely ones you have made up, and your "luis789123" or whatever, which is most likely you, would have had no reason to do this to you in the first place considering he purchased an item from you and left positive feedback. Same with your other alais "crazycolumbian2". sloppy.

4) You are suspended by ebay, and so are your alais's. This is no mistake, or this "luis123987" bidding and not paying. Also, you never change e-mail addresses in the middle of a transaction.

So, having said this, the following actions have been taken:
1) I've alerted both e-bay and Paypal security about this transaction.

2) I've alerted my Bank, and they by no means are to authorise this payment.

3) I have personally drained my primary and backup funding accounts in Paypal. This transaction will end up as NSF no matter what happens. There is no money in either my Bank account, nor my VISA.

4) I will be notifing the Police (Internet fraud department) immediately.

So I hope it was fun while it lasted buddy, but you're busted. And for future reference, internet fraud is really not your thing, because quite frankly, you suck at it.

Ryan.

So whatever happens, happens. If e-bay or paypal want to do anything to me, whatever. I dont care. I have all of his emails, and the lame ass picture that he sent which is obviously not of the laptop.

I feel pretty stupid for bidding on it in the first place, but I feel a bit better for solving this shit out. Me and my trusting nature bit me in the ass this time.

Back