Ebay's Headers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1994HondaAccordEX

I've read some comments about people buying ebay's header for their H22 swapped accord. Some said that they end up with a nice one with good weld. I've found some online that has 2.5" collector. There're 2 kinds: <$100 and >$100 ones. I've notice that the <$100 ones are a bit chromy and flaky, doesn't look as strong where as the >100 ones have that real stainless look to it.

So anyone with these headers, can you give your feedback? And if you recommened that I'd get these, can you give me a link to the seller? Would these last me or should I shell my $$$ out for some SMSP, RMF, etc. ones? I was about to get the SMSP header but was reluctant because I may change my mind and do some mild boost later on.

Thanks a lot.

if your gonna buy one off ebay spend the extra cash and get a stainless one that is decent.The chrome/ mig welded ones for undser a hundred bucks are absolute junk. i bought one that was full stainless 4-2-1 all tig welded and i tink the brand was like pro1 performance.....i paid a liottle more but the quality was well worth it.

Originally posted by driver1@May 7 2005, 08:50 PM
if your gonna buy one off ebay spend the extra cash and get a stainless one that is decent.The chrome/ mig welded ones for undser a hundred bucks are absolute junk. i bought one that was full stainless 4-2-1 all tig welded and i tink the brand was like pro1 performance.....i paid a liottle more but the quality was well worth it.
[post=496416]Quoted post[/post]​

do u still have the seller's ID? Thanks. Also, I too don't trust those chromy ones. :nahuh:

i got a 4-1 focuz $100 header and ive had no problems...also my rex sits low and after some abuse the header has held up...oh and the pipes are as big as my boys dc header

I PM'd you, but for the sake of ridicule, I'll give my 2 cents.

I have the <$100 Ebay exhaust manifold and downpipe.

It's not a good grade of stainless, nor will I swear that it is stainless for sure. I think it is a low grade stainless with Chrome on it. Low grade stainless will rust a little. Mine did not rust at all until I let it sit in my damp "I live in Washington" garage for six months. It looks great again now that I'm using the engine.

Flange quality was great. The weld quality didn't look hand done, but was also very solid. The pipe to flange line up could be a little better, but I work in a shop, so it took me <15 minutes to get DC quality with a die grinder and carbide tip. I port matched the pipes to the flange, to eliminate any hang ups or lips for flow to catch on.

For the money, I am very satisfied, and I urge everyone on a budget to grab one. They bolt right up to your cat. It has a place for your O2 sensor. They flow good, and there is no rust problem or broken welds.

:shrug2: There are more expensive and nicer units for more money, so if you don't want any hassle AT ALL, then buy a DC, and don't complain about the price.

Back