ECU Nightmare - help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drop me a mail or get a helms manual a route every cable to the ecu.

can you post pictures of the inside of your ECU? IMM removal for some boards has been figured out... An OBD1 ECU would be far superior to the OBD2 for performance issues at this time. You can use a P28 or P30 if you chip it. Good luck man!

Cheers guys - I have just found a P30 ECU for 70 UK pounds and am ordering a conversion cable from the US for $70 but will take 3 weeks to get here - they dont sell em in the UK!

I will probably be on here again when I have problems with the 'plug and play' ecu!! ;)

If you want a couple of friendly ECU-savvy UK people to talk to, let me know. One of the guys who was responsible for some of the early Hondata code(but never joined the company) lives in Kent, and there are quite a few other friendly chaps I could point you towards. That live everywhere from London to Scotland...

FYI, you could probably make yourself a harness faster than you could buy one. I'm presuming you're at least somewhat handy with a soldering iron based on the amount of wiring you've done...

http://pgmfi.org/phorum/read.php?f=38&i=371&t=371

Cheers mate - thats a lot of help - thankyou.

Might contact you later about the other contacts. The only majour info I am after is if its possible to bypass the OBD2a p2t immobiliser. I am asking because I belong to the 16vminiclub and we there are quite a few members who are converting there cars to honda power. be nice to be able to tell them how to do it rather than do an obd2 - obd1 conversion.

Cheers

Paul

don't know how electronically inclined you are, but the immobilizer removal for the JDM P73 is posted on PGMFI - OBDII forum. You might be able to infer the P2T from it, especially if it uses the same board.

Back