ef + gsr + replace clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

With out pounding that down you really wouldn't even be able to thread the bolt through the rear mount and bracket.

i used ebay mounts and i didn't have to pound anything in the rear crossmember area. i've been on an advance auto driver side axle and a used 94 teg auto trans abs axle for the passenger side for about 10,000 miles now and i haven't had any trouble.

did you remove the dust covers from behind the hubs? it gives you a little bit more clearance for the axles to move and helps prevent the constant velocity joints from binding up.

62334302.jpg

replace the crank pully. any imbalance in that pully and your going to ruin your motor. get a properly balanced crank pully, not some aftermarket junk. OEM or a fluid damper one maybe.

even if you don't have bearing issues now, i'm sure they will develop if you have an unbalanced crank pully...

And get the tool for the Crank pulley (Unles you got a big dawg 3/4" impact) I couldn't get mine off with a 1/2" impact at 200psi. I had to make my tool to holf the crank in place and you'll need it for the new one when torquing it back on. Get a crank bearing and maybe a OEM water pump too. A good used crank will be fine (and tons better then the chipped one)Vibration must be from the crank but a used clutch on a used flywheel? Thats just gorilla logic....replace them both (even though it's probably not whats causing the vibration). If you plan on "smashing around" and banging gears....you need a good clutch/flywheel set up. Take the flywheel off and re-surface ($20-30)...and get a new clutch (excedy, act, xtr, etc).

i used ebay mounts and i didn't have to pound anything in the rear crossmember area. i've been on an advance auto driver side axle and a used 94 teg auto trans abs axle for the passenger side for about 10,000 miles now and i haven't had any trouble.

did you remove the dust covers from behind the hubs? it gives you a little bit more clearance for the axles to move and helps prevent the constant velocity joints from binding up.

62334302.jpg

Thank you all for the help. I replaced the struts yesterday with Tokico Blues. The dust covers were removed by the previous owner. The vibration is not as bad as before. I ordered both front wheel bearings and called in the waranty on those crapy new Duralast axles I have. Hopefully I will get some good ones. I will replace the wheel bearings and axles next weekend. I will keep everyone posted...;)

I will take a pic of the pulley and post it when I get a chance this weekend. No time to do wheel bearings and axles. Flying to Phoenix for a week.

Cough crank pulley

I am still looking for stiffer springs to replace these week Skunk2 springs. I had a set of ksport lowering springs in my 94 ex. If I get the integra 90-03 ksport lowering springs, will they fit my 90 ef sedan without modifying the car? I need a stiffer ride. Front end still kinda sloshy. Thank You!

I replaced the crapy duracraft axles with One new right and one rebuilt left axle from Napa. I dont know the brand but the shuddering was gone for 2 weeks. Now it is back. I have not ordered new springs yet. I am wondering if the halfshaft bearing is bad. I will try getting one from the junk yard and post results. So damn hot in Texas right now. :(

So the pulley seems to be the biggest issue but you haven't changed it yet?

So the pulley seems to be the biggest issue but you haven't changed it yet?

:( No........
But I did grab a used manual rack and ripped out my worn out power rack.^_^
I love fealing the road. I also grabbed a used 90-93 intermediate shaft before I melted.(103 Degrees @ Pick N Pull last saturday). Going to put that in this coming saturday.

I will get the pully. I promise. Need to get the tools to pull it.

I read another thread in this forum about a worn out transmission causing this. My axels are angled back less than 45 degrees. I am guessing this is ok? But it looks like the left axle made contact with the front shock fork. I checked the clearance of both axles to the forks, and there is not even enough clearance to put my finger in between(damn ebay mounts).

I am begining to think it is either the mounts causing bad axle angles or a worn out transmission. But I do not want to shotgun expensive stuff. So.......I am utilizing the junk yard as much as possible.

I promise to keep everyone posted.....

Well even if it is the mounts causing the axles to be off alignment which in turn is causing the vibration, you still have a engine-threatening problem with the crank pulley. You just spent all that time and effort deleting the power steering when you could have grabbed a crank pulley just as easy. You'll definately be "feeling the road" when your walking to work on it lol. But seriously around here most auto part stores rent pulley pullers for free, you just have to put down a refundable deposit and I'd rather have to replace another axle than the engine.
Eli

Well even if it is the mounts causing the axles to be off alignment which in turn is causing the vibration, you still have a engine-threatening problem with the crank pulley. You just spent all that time and effort deleting the power steering when you could have grabbed a crank pulley just as easy. You'll definately be "feeling the road" when your walking to work on it lol. But seriously around here most auto part stores rent pulley pullers for free, you just have to put down a refundable deposit and I'd rather have to replace another axle than the engine.
Eli

I see. Then I am going to get a pulley from the junk yard this weekend. I dont want to kill the motor.

I see. Then I am going to get a pulley from the junk yard this weekend. I dont want to kill the motor.

I didnt mean to come off as a dick if I did sorry. You just seemed to be putting it off and putting it off and I dont want to see you somewhere screwed because of it.
Eli

I didnt mean to come off as a dick if I did sorry. You just seemed to be putting it off and putting it off and I dont want to see you somewhere screwed because of it.
Eli

No problem. Everyone needs a push sometimes. And the timing was right. Wish me luck @ the junk yard. Going to try and get that weird offset deap socket everyone uses @ autozone and a breaker bar. :rolleyes:

update: I went to the junk yard 2 weekends ago and tried to get a LS crank pulley. Got the bolt off but somehow lost my flat-head screwdriver. So I went back last weekend and poped the sucker right off. Does anyone know if the LS pulley will fit on a GS-R? It looks like I will have more clearance with this pulley than my GS-R pulley. Also I found out that it was the front trailing arm(if that is what it is called) was striking the old pulley. I am hoping to have enough clearance now.
I will put the crank pulley on next week.

I also found out where most of my shuddering was coming from. I was missing a bold on the passanger side motor mount, and the 2 remaining bolts were loose. Leason learned, never trust a mechanic to do the work you can do yourself. :confused:

My Ksport Integra springs and Camber kits came in. Only the front springs would fit. The rear springs were too tall to cut safely. I may kill half a loop in the front to lower it. Front height is about 1" taller than with skunk2 lowering springs. The car rides nice now. Very little shaking at all. I did notice that a bushing on the front left LCA is torn. I will replace that and hopefully the car will drive nice.:D

bump

Does anyone know if a 90-93 LS crank pulley will work on my GS-R?
I need to replace this chipped one.

Yea I'm pretty sure it should since people put ctr or whatever they are called pulleys on their LS's. And the aftermarket crank pulleys are for all B-series.

Yea I'm pretty sure it should since people put ctr or whatever they are called pulleys on their LS's. And the aftermarket crank pulleys are for all B-series.

Thank You. I got the LS accessory belts, and getting a new a/c compressor tomorrow. I also have a innovative compressor bracket. It is a bit heavier that the OEM bracket, but it fits nice. Wish me luck on getting the a/c working.

Also, does anyone know what color the compressor hot wire is, and where it splits from the wiring harness? I can't seem to find it.

Back