EF Si b16 swap prob.?1?NEWB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killabeezyb

hey whats happnin. new b here need alittle help. got a 1990 si hatch jdm b16a having charging system problem. battery light comes on-goes of when reved over 4k. ive gone through 3 alternators, and brand new battery. still onlly charging at 12.8v will a 90 gsr alt work?? any help appreciated

90 gsr?

what alternators have you tried? ZC? b16?

OBD0 in all of the alternators?

ECU/motor OBD0?

Not enough info given

the b16 alt came with my motor worked for few months, got 90 gsr alt worked for a week, got another 90 gsr, popped battery fuse as soon as i hooked it up, got another one and here i am
motor and ecu obd0

I am still stumped on the 90 gsr....maybe i'm not knowledgeable about JDM motors...but I thought 1st GSR was 1993 (1.7VTEC OBD1) Do you mean a DOHC ZC VTEC?

they don't make one...I'm pretty sure. You might have an LS dizzy when you tried and your b16 may be shot? Are you saying the original was a b16? Sorry just trying to help

yeah the original distritutor came with my jdm b16 its still on there, im talking about alternator tho...are u confused or am i? im having charging problem

hmotorsonline.com may be worth the call.

jrautoparts.com is where i got my JDM swap from

Thats who I'd try

im not doubting u but ive heard u can use a few diff alt for b16a doesnt have to be a jdm alt does it?

Sorry....only advise I had was the b16 alternator....if you still have the b16 one....go have it checked out (any stupid part store can check it and there's got to be a shop close to you that can rebuild it)

yeah alt. charging low, gotten 3 bad ones in a row. sum b.s. my boy told me to get one for a 95 del sol b16 ima try that one, think im gonna get a brand new oe from honda

any OBD0 alternator will work on this setup. as long as it has the round plug, it will work. on the issue of popping a fuse, you have a short in your engine harness. or in the alt plug itself. as for the low charging, check ground and positive connections everywhere.

Back