1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ek swaps

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by 96civyhb, Apr 28, 2004.

1. 96civyhb

96civyhb Member

I seem to be able to finds tons of info on swaps in EGs but not much on eks. I tried to search for this and Im sure it has been answered before. I looked through the tech info on this site and did a search in the newbies area. I am going to swap a b16a2 into my car. I have a 96 civic hatch back with 2000 front end conversion. WOuld this be a cable tranny or hydro? Its a DX 5 speed. What will I need to do to make this swap happen. I have the following : b16a2 motor, tranny axles, ecu and a cut wiring harness. Some moron decided to cut it right before the cabin entrance. So what else do I need?? Mounts(what kind), linkage? how to make the harness work or do I need to buy a new one and if so for what car??

Also I want to know if an ex motor would be a simler swap? I could do that to hold me over for a few months if I need to. My dx motor is blown and I want have it drivable in a week or so. I have a friend who will let me have an ex motor. How hard will it be to swap it into a 96. I think cant remember what kind of car it came out of but he had it in an eg hatch.

2. complicity

complicity Senior Member

Your tranny is hydraulic, as is the one you want to swap (the one for the b16a2).

I think you can use any Bseries mounts (i am NOT sure, though), or a HASPORT mount kit.

There's most of the info right here...

http://www.hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?c=8

Try going through it again :)

3. 96civyhb

96civyhb Member

But how about the ex? Would that be an easier swap??

4. momo-gofer

momo-gofer Junior Member

Yes it would be...all u need is an EX head, EX ecu, v-tec wiring, and the EX cluster.

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

An EX car, or a EX motor? And if you have the B16A motor, why would you go with a EX motor instead? BUt either way, a EX motor isn't going to be that much easier than a B series.

6. 96civyhb

96civyhb Member

Ok guys thanks for the info. One of these days Ill swap a b18c but until then I think Ill keep the stock motor, well actually replace it with a stock one because the motor wont hold compression. i cant figure out why.

7. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

V-TEC OWNZ J00!!!!!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted