Ek swaps

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96civyhb

I seem to be able to finds tons of info on swaps in EGs but not much on eks. I tried to search for this and Im sure it has been answered before. I looked through the tech info on this site and did a search in the newbies area. I am going to swap a b16a2 into my car. I have a 96 civic hatch back with 2000 front end conversion. WOuld this be a cable tranny or hydro? Its a DX 5 speed. What will I need to do to make this swap happen. I have the following : b16a2 motor, tranny axles, ecu and a cut wiring harness. Some moron decided to cut it right before the cabin entrance. So what else do I need?? Mounts(what kind), linkage? how to make the harness work or do I need to buy a new one and if so for what car??

Also I want to know if an ex motor would be a simler swap? I could do that to hold me over for a few months if I need to. My dx motor is blown and I want have it drivable in a week or so. I have a friend who will let me have an ex motor. How hard will it be to swap it into a 96. I think cant remember what kind of car it came out of but he had it in an eg hatch.

Yes it would be...all u need is an EX head, EX ecu, v-tec wiring, and the EX cluster.

Originally posted by momo-gofer+May 1 2004, 07:21 PM-->
Yes it would be...all u need is an EX head, EX ecu, v-tec wiring, and the EX cluster.
Crack smoker, put the pipe down.

96civyhb Posted on Apr 28 2004
@ 06:20 PM
But how about the ex? Would that be an easier swap??

An EX car, or a EX motor? And if you have the B16A motor, why would you go with a EX motor instead? BUt either way, a EX motor isn't going to be that much easier than a B series.

Ok guys thanks for the info. One of these days Ill swap a b18c but until then I think Ill keep the stock motor, well actually replace it with a stock one because the motor wont hold compression. i cant figure out why.

Back