Engagement ring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey E, aren't you a certain percentage of Titanium ?

that ring is hot. i really dont like gold and silver. now you got me thinkin.

This men's wedding band has two engraved center stripes. The ring is available in size 10 only.

I hope you have a size 10 finger.

I like that ring however, I doubt it would fit me.

I would never buy anything from where that picture came from (Zales). It was the first decent hit off google images. lol.

Kay is just the same - crap. At least the price of wedding bands is minimal when compared to the E-Ring...

:)

Quoted post[/post]]
I would never buy anything from where that picture came from (Zales). It was the first decent hit off google images. lol.

Kay is just the same - crap. At least the price of wedding bands is minimal when compared to the E-Ring...

:)

???
what picture?

6a_1.JPG

this one?

Fisrt of all dude, you should be really well learned before buying a diamond...I hope you don't have one of those girls who is hung up on "o the ring better be a carat" blah blah blah blah......if your looking to spend 2k, i would suggest getting a real nice smaller diamond in a nice setting..

your best bet is to go to www.diamond.com and choose "Engagment" and desing your ring....you can search for your exact diamond and choose the band setting

you need to pay attention to color clarity and cut.....for clarity i would not buy anyting less then vs2 and for color i would not go lower then g color( D being the best -colorless)

for example...

BTiffanyTY006PRWa.jpg

this is a platinum setting band that cost 900 dollars and the diamond is a VS2 clarity E color 1/2 carat diamond and cost $1125 totaling $2025

Now obviously if you want to go alil smaller on the diamond you can up the quality of it... or you can go alil cheaper on teh band and go to 14k white gold for like 400 and put another 500 into the diamond cost....

Do allot of research, don't buy a crappy diamond....

also if you buy from a store (zales, kay, whitehall, samuels, etc) all their jewery is maked up 4 times what it really cost. you can always talk them down in price. but you best bet is to have your ring custom made

Ya that platinum one was sweet! She likes silver too so I have a slight advantage cost wise. So you guys wouldn't recommend some place chain store? What about if something happened to it. It isn't like a cheap computer part, be something I'd expect to have for a long time.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ya that platinum one was sweet! She likes silver too so I have a slight advantage cost wise. So you guys wouldn't recommend some place chain store? What about if something happened to it. It isn't like a cheap computer part, be something I'd expect to have for a long time.
dude, you can't get her a silver engagement ring :p.....get alteast 14k gold....that plat band was 900 dollars but that have 14k whitegold for like 200-300 dollars.....don't worry about the band as much as the quality of the diamond.....

to be honest 2k is not allot of money for a engagement ring, but trust me, i know its allot for a guy to spend.....i will prolly be spending 4500 myself in the future....and i cannot afford even 2k as it is...wtf do we get out of all this...??????

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
THANK YOU Corvetteguy ! Most sensible thing said in this thread.
can you tell i've been researching for awhile!!! lol

What size is Bs ring finger?
i would say like an 11.5 :)

i have no idea what size ring finger i have.... i haven't worn a ring in a long ass time. and when i did, it was some hippie shit from oldglory.com

Youg et the satisfaction of knowing that you are in love with a person and want to spend the rest of your natural life with them :)

kthx.

The only advice I can offer is to go in to the store with a set budget in your head but don't tell them. When I wen I was looking at .80-1.00 carat and I had my color and clarity minimums set. I forget what they are at the moment. I would also recommend going to a place that atleast has their bands and stones seperate if you cannot do a custom. I went through Jared's and loved the whole experience. Payed off the car and dropped close to 5500 on the (.96)ring/band set with savings and a little loan to not totally break the savings account.

Back