Engine Build for Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

platinumxgt6

The title is exactly what i would like to know... I am planning on a b18 gsr swap, and i would like to turbo it. Im not shooting for 600hp. This will NOT be my daily driver, so i would like more boost. I red the article on different boost setups and it sounds like a high boost setup gets you low bottum end power and lag. I would like to run higher the 8psi, into the teens perhaps.

My most important issue and the point on this thread is to find out before i even considering what turbo is how to build the engine internals to run that much boost.

remember this isnt for daily driving and not for straight lines either tho.

so is this a road race/autox bitch? if so id recommend a smaller turbo at 10-12 max boost.

let us know exactly what you plan to do...most of us can hook you up with a complete build list per application.

so is this a road race/autox bitch? if so id recommend a smaller turbo at 10-12 max boost.

let us know exactly what you plan to do...most of us can hook you up with a complete build list per application.

This is a weekend car to play with and take to the track. So lets say i want quick acceleration, so less lag?
oh yeah on pump gas of course

Last edited:
how much $$$$ do you have?

do you work tools?

id recommend je/cp/wiseco pistons on eagle/crower rods. 10-12psi wont be enough to really hurt your engine, so stock sleeves should be okay.

id also recommend new bearings (oem or clevite). For about 300-350, id go with something like a t3 60-1 or a gt28rs (the latter if youre looking for good spool up).

everything else is really personal preference and price.

id recommend je/cp/wiseco pistons on eagle/crower rods. 10-12psi wont be enough to really hurt your engine, so stock sleeves should be okay.

id also recommend new bearings (oem or clevite). For about 300-350, id go with something like a t3 60-1 or a gt28rs (the latter if youre looking for good spool up).

everything else is really personal preference and price.

so i can run 12psi safely with new piston/rods and bearings. and if i want more then 12psi i need to upgrade sleeves? how much is that?

800-1000 depending on where you go and what a machine shop feels like charging you...most people get golden eagle to sleeve their block, but they have a long turn around time. the machine shop in my sig will do it as well.

you can go higher on stock sleeves (as 10.sechatch proved) but its not recommended. even he had to sleeve his block in the end.

iTrader is for buyer/seller feedback. Reputation is just that- points other people award you because they like what you have to say.

iTrader is for buyer/seller feedback. Reputation is just that- points other people award you because they like what you have to say.

alright i figured it out, its a little different then my local site.

Back