Engine Help? swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95EJvtec

I wanna do a swap but which engine would be best for me? i want a engine that will produce good numbers. But it has to be a Daily Driver for me. i want the engine to be All-motor none of that Turbo BS.. Straight motor Horsepower baby!! lol

LS would be a good daily driver,find one with low mileage if you can,clean straight forward and affordable on a budget,lots of fun too.

B18C1 (GS-R) would be my choice for a reliable but fun, daily-driven Civic...

Those are OBD2 only and needs adjustments or replacement of dizzy to OBD1, OBD1 Alternator, OBD1 injectors (prelude DOHC VTEC are same size) and use your D16Z6 engine harness

PLus these swaps are at least $1200 more then a B18C1

If you take your time,do lots and lots of research(ths forum will help a GREAT deal)and your budget can handle it,Go for it!!Good luck.

Close to $4000, then the parts to refresh the engine, then the mounts to put it into the car (or use OEM ones, might still have to spend some cash), then any other cash you need to spend to troubleshoot anything that might have gone wrong during the install.

Or you could just go to Hmotorsonline.com as a few of us have already linked and look through their pricing. They have just about every engine you could think to drop into a Civic.

ik this thread is a bit old but i have a question, im tryn to swap my 98 ex civic with a gsr motor from hmotorsonline and i was planning on buying the complete swap.. since the engine would be jdm would i have to replace certain parts for this swap to come through?

Ok.. So is the t bracket and driver side mount and a couple cables the only parts that need to be changed?

Back