[Enquiry]Ecu code

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, you unbolt the ecu from the chassis, pull it away from the corner, and unplug the harness from it via those 3 plugs. then with the ecu free from the car, you can unscrew the 8 phillips head screws that hold the metal covers on each side. then look for the markings. it's not too difficult. i hope you wouldnt pay much for a mech to look for you. just an fyi (for your info..)

You seem to know a lot about the computers. I have a 91 civic dx 1.5 5speed. The car will only run for a few seconds with the pm5 computer. With a msd distributor and new relay, it will run great but i put a pm6 computer in it. It just wont rev over 3200 rpm. codes 4, 6 , 10, 16.
Any suggestions? I drive the car everyday but its gut-less and hard on gas. Other than that its fine. Thank you for yoiur help....

If your car is a DX then you should be using the PM5. As for the error codes, look up their meanings and you should have some clue as to what's wrong. There's an error code list in the reference section here.

Oh, and next time, start your own thread please. There's no need to bring a dead one back...

deffinatly look up the error codes. start a new thread, and i'll help you there. and if you want, you can private message (pm) me a link to the new thread so i know it exists. ;)

and deffinatly look in the reference section. that's where you'll find the codes, for one.

Back