Enter the new Si!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

To add to Jeffie, yeah, bikes take the cake. I wrecked my 2005 R6 on wednesday, but that thing got me so many looks... I'm getting the 2006 model when it comes out...and when my collarbone and road rash heals up.

Oh yeah, I'd rock an rsx way before the si; not because it's an acura, it's just a better looking car imo. Call it a honda, acura, whatever. I'd actually prefer the acura name be gone. At least I wouldn't have to pay twice as much for my integra parts as I do for civic parts that I'm able to use on my integra...

I've seen Mugen bodykits and parts on catalogue for the 06 Civic. Wonder would there be a Type R version as well, possibly with dual exhaust, Brembo brakes etc? Honda Japan already has the factory Mugen tuned K20A at 250ps n.a. in one of its implementations, possibly the new powerplant for the 06-xx Civic Type R?

Mike you need to shop around for honda parts.

Each dealership has their own parts. For me the local honda dealer cost 20% MORE then the local Acura dealership for the same friggin part. However the honda dealer 20 miles away has parts cheaper then both of them.

Each shop sets their own prices. You can (just like buying a car) talk their prices down. I go to the local place and tell them stright up You're local for me but the out of area Honda dealer has much better prices, will you match theirs or do I need to take my money over there?

On another note, I bet you're very glad you were wearing full gear when you went down.

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok girls around that age =) Give or take a few years. Ever been in a 350?

Usually my girls have. Im a Chevy guy at night and a honda guy at day. I just havent got a chance to start looking for my 77 FBird...just to beat everyone's camaros.

My local Acura dealer was MUCH cheaper for most things then Honda.

I thought it was great going inro the Acura dealer with some idiot in front of me. Let's say they ordered the bitch pin for the linkage and got it in a Honda bag. They got mad and stared complaining that they got a Honda part instead of Acura.

Audi is the same way, I can fit some Passat parts on the A4 but the Audi dealer swears VW parts don't fit, yea right.

I went to Audi for the little cluster bulbs, $3 a piece and I needed like 10, I even told them I wasn't going to pay that and was going to VW to get them instead. They wen't nuts telling me they won't fit, they won't work right, I'm cheaping myself out and they won't fix it if something goes wrong (I wasn't planning on bringing my car to the stealership regardless). I went over to VW and got em for less than half the price...Thanks VW of America and a big FU to Audi of America, particularly the one on Denton off Sunrise Hwy in Lynbrook, Ny.

Thing about dealerships is some suck major balls. it's all in who owns them.

Civicb18b1, Just wondering.. what does Audi charge you for a drain plug crush washer?

i'll be glad when they start hitting the streets...and more importantly the junkyards. Daddy needs a LSD and navi system for his Type S :)

:)

Encourage all your local reckless drivers to buy one- then you'll have parts in a few weeks.

Quoted post[/post]]
Mike you need to shop around for honda parts.

Each dealership has their own parts. For me the local honda dealer cost 20% MORE then the local Acura dealership for the same friggin part. However the honda dealer 20 miles away has parts cheaper then both of them.

Each shop sets their own prices. You can (just like buying a car) talk their prices down. I go to the local place and tell them stright up You're local for me but the out of area Honda dealer has much better prices, will you match theirs or do I need to take my money over there?

On another note, I bet you're very glad you were wearing full gear when you went down.

I was wearing a helmet, leather jacket, jeans, and skate shoes. I'll never wear skate shoes on a motorcycle ever again. Most of my "roadrash" is on each of my ankles. Boots from now on for me. The jeans actually held up really well, until the firefighters cut them off. I only had one spot on mt leg that needed a couple of stitches, but nothing big otherwise. Definitely never wearing skate shoes again though.

On another note. I am talking online prices too when I get quotes. The dealers just add on to what is already a ripoff for acura parts. Case in point, I went to the honda dealer to get a boot for the lower ball joint on the front lca for my integra. The acura part was $16 and they had to order it. So I got one for a 92 civic, which, btw fit just fine, and it only cost me $6. The dealership is lame. I just buy off of Acuraparts.net, or HondaAutomotiveparts.com. And they wouldn't pricematch.

To blanco. I daily drove my R6 for the last 4 months. Before that, I rode a beat to crap 91 honda cbr600 hurricane for nearly three years. Why? Because I let my girlfriend drive my cars. One 89 mazda 626, which she rolled, and my 91 integra which broke down on her, and I am just now getting around to getting it back on the road. I was just saying that girls notice the bikes. I've only given rides to like 3 of my good friends.

To stay on topic, the only thing going for the new Si, is the performance aspect. I think it looks okay, but if I can get a type s for nearly the same price, I'm going to do that instead, because, it's just a class up in terms of luxury. It's just a better car IMO.

Quoted post[/post]]

To blanco. I daily drove my R6 for the last 4 months.

I didnt know people could drive bikes. :p

P.S always wear fullgear when riding. I know a lot of people who have been down. some at 80+ mph. Weird how they feel sore the next day VS the guy who goes down doing a wheelie at 20mph and skins his body since he forgot his pants or boots..... did I say forgot I mean didnt have.

=)

thankfully you had a jacket. Jeans go either way. they can shred or hold up. you got lucky.

Back